Working QuickTime Audio
the upload page don't work :nuts:
i want to upload mplayer 1pre5 (cvs20040808) + zlib + libfaad2.1b + live.com * gcc3.4.1
in gcc3.2.3 don't replace xbmcsys\sys files to new.

i got every xbmc specific changes.

(i sync everyday with mplayer cvs)
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
maybe you can mail it?
if you can send it to webmailer[nosp@m]gmail.com
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
http://www.nightfalltech.com/upload/
i upload mplayer source code + .dll

you can remove libmad and matroska, don't needed anymore...
great.

first look looks promesing.

tried some mov´s that never played with xbmc befor and now works great.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
so what do we get with this new mplayer.dll exactly? not quicktime audio support?? (since you're not guybrush, i assume not) any codecs needed to be added ? (from default codec list)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i upload source code, now.
after (night) upload codecs.conf, sorry Sad
not quicktime audio support, yet! it fails in libfaad. only in xbox, why? i don't know! sorry.
just have a look at mplayer's homepage, huge bunch of fixes and improvements between pre04 and pre05.

aac audio should work in avi files for a start. plenty of people have been waiting on that. improvements in matroska demuxing, better seeking for realmedia files etc.

i'm also hoping it'll fix the problem with flac playback.

just depends on wether or not you want to wait on a team member porting it i suppose.
@deltop: i upload pre05 mplayer for xbmc... can you play flac files? it's great that pre4.

i'm debuging mplayer for aac audio in xbox, but i don't have enougth time!!
ezar2003, guybrush already said he has it working (audio in quicktime trailers), so why not work together with him?

and sorry if i ask, but why do you not make a separate thread for your mplayer.dll? i'm very confused right now (you are not guybrush, right?) don't take me wrong, i think it's great we have two separate guys working on mplayer atm :joker:

since i'm not a dev or team member i don't actually have access to http://www.nightfalltech.com/upload/ unless you can upload it to some publically accessible web space i'll have to wait for any official updates.

pike's right though, if you create a seperate thread for discussion of your mplayer-pre05 port it would make it easier to keep track of the 2 subject.

pm me if you want to upload it to a site so that anyone can have a look and i'm send you a username/pass for one of my (unused) web sites.
oh, neat guybrush. as long as you based it on our mplayer cvs and didn't change any parts that were contained in #ifdef _xbox then you should have kept pretty much all changes. think we got them all in such "containers".

does this mean you updated the core with all changes from pre4 to pre5 too then? cause that'd save me loads of work the next couple of days Smile. if you did hope you didn't just dump the changed files in from mplayerhq cvs but used a diff program to just get the changes.

elupus

@pike: i am not guybrush!
Thumbs Up 
i just commited the changes to cvs for quicktime dll support Smile

grab one of the following dlls from mplayerhq:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer....tar.bz2 (qt5dlls-20040626.tar.bz2)
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer....tar.bz2 (qt63dlls-20040626.tar.bz2)
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer....tar.bz2 (qt6dlls-20040626.tar.bz2)

i recommend getting qt5dlls because they are the smallest, which theoreticly means faster dll loading time. but they all should work just as good. Smile

so checkout/compile latest cvs, put the dlls in "mplayer/codecs" directory, open a quicktime trailer and enjoy :p

to view trailers with compressed headers you will need a mplayer.dll with zlib support, so if the movie doesnt start check the logs to see if it has compressed headers.

just some knowhows:
-the qdm2 audio decoder resides in quicktime.qts, so having only qtmlclient.dll with quicktime.qts is sufficient to decode qdm2 audio.
-if there's a quicktimeessentials.qtx and/or quicktimeinternetextras.qtx, they will get loaded into memory.
-svq3 decoder resides in quicktimeessentials.qtx (i have no idea what quicktimeinternetextras.qtx does) you can force to use this svq3 decoder instead of the (native) ffsvq3 one by adding "vc=qtsvq3" to mplayer.conf
-if you force the qtsvq3 codec like above and you play a movie that doesnt have svq3 video you will ofcourse get no video.
-somehow changing the codecs.conf to force qtsvq3 for fourcc=svq3 didnt work for me, but i really didnt investigate it.

@elupus: i compared xbmc mplayer sources with original mplayer pre4 sources (using a diff program) then i manually added/hacked the changes to the pre5 code, but maybe i forgot some parts, ill check later.
making the changes to mplayer.c sucked, the code is so unreadable sometimes Smile

maybe its better to make another thread for this, since ezar2003 seems to have it working too and else it will get offtopic Smile
the pre5 mplayer.dll seems to work okay for the most part, except with some mpg1/2 i tried. very weird. the video looks okay except that it is jerky.. it is hard to explain but it is unwatchable in the sense that it looks like the screen keeps shaking.

going back to pre4 mplayer.dll and all is fine. i will test more to confirm though.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working QuickTime Audio0