Getting back the remote
I am having a lot of issues so I wanted to go back to plex.

One of the issues is the remote control. Now I understand that being on the cutting edge has its downsides and I have been using the experimental harmony support.

But inexplicably it will suddenly fail or all the buttons will start doing different things, and now I am fed up with it.

So I need my harmony and I need a media server so I want to go back to plex. But its picking up the mistakes that were being made in XBMC!. Now I went into XBMC and disabled remote control then quit then restarted the mac. So I assumed it would 'release' the remote.

Is there a file somewhere that needs deleting?

Another thing. One of the problems with the XBMC remote helper is it would launch frontrow randomly. I thought I could get round it by deleting front row, I never use it. But damn me it still launches! Whats all that about?
garyi Wrote:I am having a lot of issues so I wanted to go back to plex.

One of the issues is the remote control. Now I understand that being on the cutting edge has its downsides and I have been using the experimental harmony support.

But inexplicably it will suddenly fail or all the buttons will start doing different things, and now I am fed up with it.

So I need my harmony and I need a media server so I want to go back to plex. But its picking up the mistakes that were being made in XBMC!. Now I went into XBMC and disabled remote control then quit then restarted the mac. So I assumed it would 'release' the remote.

Is there a file somewhere that needs deleting?

Another thing. One of the problems with the XBMC remote helper is it would launch frontrow randomly. I thought I could get round it by deleting front row, I never use it. But damn me it still launches! Whats all that about?

pastebin'ing xbmc.log might help us understand the problem better rather than just reading a rant about the IR remote not working Smile
Yea I thought about this after wards. I will try and dig it out.

The main issue is a sudden skipping in all video ts films, makes one feel quite ill just trying to watch it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting back the remote0