Video and Audio playback too fast??
Hello everyone!!

First I would like to say a great big thank you to all the Dev's that made XBMC possible!! I have been using it on my XBOX for about 6 years now. Wow time passes when you are having fun. Seems like I have always been finding new features in XBMC.

Here is the problem, well here is the problem I have created. I just built a HTPC using the current live linux CD. I'm very new to linux and do struggle with the simple stuff linux has to offer. I have a friend that has been using linux for over a year so I have that type of support. I figured Linux would be the way to go because I liked how simple the XBOX was to use as a media center. Will the linux version be the best 4 me?

I have HACKED my ORG XBOX DVD REMOTE to use with XBMC. Its working but I find that the controll is lacking in responce to my inputs. (if I press down it takes a half second for it to move on screen, if I press any button to quickly the remote skips what im trying to select) Any input on this issue would be great. I do remember that I had a build for the XBOX that had an issue like this, but was resolved in a later build.

Another problem I just noticed is that when I play any video on Youtube or Navi-X or g4TV the video and audio seem sped up. The people in the videos sound kinda like chipmunks. Is this a know issue? is there a Fix?

In a final note, I noticed when shutting down the HTPC the XBMC logo flashes and my TV go crazy. Its like the output for the video on shutdown is stressing the limits of my TV? Any word on this bug?

Hello all and have an excellent day!!
Thanks in advance!
I just did a fresh install. Still cant figure out why my video and audio is too fast..

When i watch videos that should run at 30 fps the run at 33 fps. The audio and the video are a little fast. The sound fast and makes every one have high pitch voices. (chipmonks) can any one else confirm this with the G4tV pluging while watching AROUND THE NET ?

Thanks
Sounds like it's playing 44.1 kHz at 48 kHz, a debug log would help.

Also next time you start a thread, keep it to a single issue and explain very clearly what the problem is, people have a very short attention span when browsing a forum and when they see a big post like this they tend to skip over it.
Thanks for the help. All points noted. Are you able to help me retreive a debug log ? I'm not quite sure how to do that yet.

P.S.

I heard you were dead Boxxy. How can this be?
I'm not boxxy! I just took a frame of her video and uploaded it as my icon, boxxy clearly doesn't qualify as an xbmc developer, just watch one of her videos.

To get a debug log go to Settings->System->Hardware and turn on "Enable debug logging", then restart xbmc and play a video that has the issue you described.

You can then find the debug log in your home directory in .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log .
Just making sure you aint TROLLIN!! lol.. I ost after work.. Thanks for all the help internet meme! Smile
Ok. the error log is too large. Is there a part from the log you are looking for in particular? Or am i doing this worng ?
Ok, I think I came across a thread that has fixed the issue.

Here is how I made my HDMI HTPC work ..

This fixed the Playback issue. (too fast video and audio)

Instead of HDMI
Under ---
Setting-System-Audio Hardware-

Change your Audio output device and Passthrough output device to "plughw:0,3"

not sure why this isnt default?

Can you shed some light on why this works, and why its not default HDMI setting?

Smile
I have no idea why that works, but it's not the default because it's a specific alsa device, it will only work in a specific setup.
Thanks Smile

Do you have any idea how I could get NAV sounds working in HDMI passthrou?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video and Audio playback too fast??0