MiniMeedia v0.81 Released (26/05/2009)
Big Grin 
Thanks to everyone for all the feedback over the last few days and all the help in tracking down bugs and issues. I've managed to deal with most of them (I think) and have also made a few improvements and tweaks which will hopefully add to the skin.

The main changes are as follows:
  • Added: Player controls to the video OSD
  • Added: 38 more movie studio logos
  • Added: Video overlay to Home screen and all Settings screens
  • Added: Flip image button to the File Browser dialog
  • Added: Displaying of Music Now Playing to the Settings screens
  • Fixed: Show Plot to appear for High List view but only when viewing episodes
  • Fixed: Displaying of weather background
  • Fixed: Made sure that videos background is displayed when viewing movie/tv show categorisations (genre, year etc)
  • Fixed: Missing background for Scripts screen
  • Fixed: Displaying of fanart images (works better for music and tv shows)
  • Fixed: Positioning of the watched icon for TV show media in Poster Info view (as well as other related views)
  • Updated: Tidied up the displaying of the fast forward/rewind notifiers (2x, 4x, 8x etc)
  • Updated: Tidied up some of the movie studio logo images to make them more consistent
  • Updated: Tidied up content type label display for Videos, Music, Programs, Scripts and Pictures
  • Updated: 20th Century Fox logo to show for APJAC Productions too
  • Updated: Danish translation (thanks to PiNCH)
  • Updated: Korean translation (thanks to kimp93)
  • Updated: Spanish translation (thanks to Melandryu)
  • Updated: Portuguese translation (thanks to xbs08)
  • Updated: Dutch translation (thanks to jorisdekloris)
Minimal Video OSD with new Player Controls:

Use Recent Version of XBMC
In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the last week or so (since the changes to XBMC to allow background loading of multiimages). A new version of t3ch was released for xbox on 21st May, any earlier t3ch builds will not work with the skin.

If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you'll probably find that none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned. Shocked

Feedback
If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.

Have fun and enjoy!

-------------------

Skin download link - MiniMeedia v0.81

Background Images
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.

I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.

Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds

The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thanks again for this skin and all your hard work. Big Grin
Many thanks skunkm0nkee!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Waffa Wrote:Yeah indeed, the 1 out of 5 stars (song rating) doesn't show in the (little) info field and it needs to because you can set it when visualsation view is showing by pressing up/down. Try it out in MediaStream it's a nice feature.

Btw. song rating can also be set by pressing info and go to rating and set it.
But setting it in visualsation view, is easier and faster.

Waffa, I had a bit of a look at the Music Vis screen and as far as I can tell pressing up/down does nothing. Am I to assume that at the moment MiniMeedia doesn't allow you to set the rating for songs at all and that you want me to add that ability? (From your first post I thought it did allow it but just wasn't showing the correct label)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thanks.

Downloading now..
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Waffa, I had a bit of a look at the Music Vis screen and as far as I can tell pressing up/down does nothing. Am I to assume that at the moment MiniMeedia doesn't allow you to set the rating for songs at all and that you want me to add that ability? (From your first post I thought it did allow it but just wasn't showing the correct label)

I did test it and it works in MiniMeedia, you can set rating that way.
Only you can't see it in that view.
You have to go out of vis and look for the rating.
So like to see song ratings also in the little info field.

This feature has MediaStream also, all the skins btw.
Here's a piece of the keymap.xml with remote functions in visualisation

PHP Code:
<Visualisation>
    <
remote>
      <
left>PreviousPreset</left>
      <
right>NextPreset</right>
      <
up>IncreaseRating</up>
      <
down>DecreaseRating</down>
      <
back>LockPreset</back>
      <
title>CodecInfo</title>
      <
select>XBMC.ActivateWindow(VisualisationPresetList)</select>
      <
menu>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MusicOSD)</menu>
      <
start>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MusicOSD)</start>
      <
info>Info</info>
    </
remote
Wow - great update! From v0.81 Minimeedia is replacing Aeon Auriga as my default skin! One request: Is there any chance that fanart in "now playing" view will be supported in a future version. I am desperately craving fanart in combination with "Party mode" and "Smart playlists"...
I found a little problem (don't want to call it a bug or a feature. Big Grin )
In the tvshow.nfo for Scrubs, Media Companion set the studio-tag to
Code:
<studio>NBC|ABC</studio>

Now MiniMeedia is showing both studio-icons on top of each other. Huh

Should I remove a studio, or can you fix this? Wink

Btw, thanks for this skin, I love it! Laugh
Waffa Wrote:I did test it and it works in MiniMeedia, you can set rating that way.
Only you can't see it in that view.
You have to go out of vis and look for the rating.
So like to see song ratings also in the little info field.

This feature has MediaStream also, all the skins btw.
Ah ok, I get it now. Will have a look and hopefully have something in place pretty soon. Big Grin
thomash72 Wrote:Wow - great update! From v0.81 Minimeedia is replacing Aeon Auriga as my default skin! One request: Is there any chance that fanart in "now playing" view will be supported in a future version. I am desperately craving fanart in combination with "Party mode" and "Smart playlists"...
I'll look into it and see what I can do Nod
Fire69 Wrote:I found a little problem (don't want to call it a bug or a feature. Big Grin )
In the tvshow.nfo for Scrubs, Media Companion set the studio-tag to
Code:
<studio>NBC|ABC</studio>

Now MiniMeedia is showing both studio-icons on top of each other. Huh

Should I remove a studio, or can you fix this? Wink
It's not really a bug or a feature as you've set 2 networks for that show so it's showing 2 network logos. My suggestion would be to choose one or the other?
Fire69 Keep the alien thumb I like it. Laugh

Damn good upgrade can't find anything so far.

Don't know it, think it's a reqeust.

Music fanart works great starting in library with artist.

Should it work also if you start with album.Huh
If not, could you make it work .Huh
i still dont have a background image in weather.. cleared in system/backgrounds and set again.. no success
any suggestion? and yes, i get weather information.

edit:
i just see in logfile:
22:25:22 M: 34390016 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\na\
22:25:25 M: 34746368 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\na\
22:25:36 M: 36741120 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\29\

after rebbot:
22:27:21 M: 32403456 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\4\

what does that mean?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:[...]

It's not really a bug or a feature as you've set 2 networks for that show so it's showing 2 network logos. My suggestion would be to choose one or the other?

I guess that would be the easiest option.
Although... couldn't you make it so that one is shown after the other? With the new cool multi-image control?
Nah, just kidding. Wink
Waffa Wrote:Music fanart works great starting in library with artist.

Should it work also if you start with album.Huh
If not, could you make it work .Huh
Don't think so, I think that is just the way that music fanart works in XBMC at the moment.

thonton Wrote:i still dont have a background image in weather.. cleared in system/backgrounds and set again.. no success
any suggestion? and yes, i get weather information.

edit:
i just see in logfile:
22:25:22 M: 34390016 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\na\
22:25:25 M: 34746368 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\na\
22:25:36 M: 36741120 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\29\

after rebbot:
22:27:21 M: 32403456 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\4\

what does that mean?
Have you downloaded the weather fanart pack as suggested in the first post? If you have then do you actually have folder called E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\4\

If not then you probably haven't setup the weather fanart pack properly or yoiu haven't got the weather background pointing to the right location.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Have you downloaded the weather fanart pack as suggested in the first post? If you have then do you actually have folder called E:\APPS\XBMC\Backgrounds\weather\4\

If not then you probably haven't setup the weather fanart pack properly or yoiu haven't got the weather background pointing to the right location.

no, i dont have the weather-fanart pack (160MB). i just set the backgroundfolder for weather, as i did it for movies, tv-shows, systems etc..
do i have to use the weather fanart pack? can i somewhere disable this option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.81 Released (26/05/2009)2