Option to autoplay Music-playlist at startup
thanks. i got the one that you can download under python scripts to work, but not the other one. have you gottan the random playlist one to work?
yeah i just copied what i had in my randomplay.py

2 things is the filename launched in the autoexec.py exactly thesame as what you called the randomplay script? (including correct path too?)

if your playlists are stored anywhere else other than $home$\albums\playlist edit the following line
Quote:repertoire = 'q:\\albums\\playlists'

also remember to use "\\" where'd you'd usually use just "\"

you have all the relevant files that should be in the python folder?
hi,

an often asked question is to have random music at start-up.  some autorun python scripts have addressed this issue, but...

i do not want a playlist being loaded when i start xbmc.  apart from being slow, i have to erase the currently playing playlist first, when i want to listen to some self-defined music.

instead i am thinking of a function similiar to avalaunch.  when xbmc starts, it plays random songs from a specified folder.  if a movie or a song is selected manually it stops.  else it just keeps playing.  

why i do not just stick to avalaunch: it does not display the song information, the covers...
does pressing stop (the start button on the controller) not erase the currently playing playlist??
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ aug. 20 2004,12:16 Wrote:does pressing stop (the start button on the controller) not erase the currently playing playlist??
i am mainly using the remote control, but i just tried:
no, it stops the music, but it does not erase the playlist.

and i do not like the playlist approach to background music anyway. because a playlist that contains all songs on my hd takes way to long to load and is inefficient for this purpose.

to make my wish clearer: currently the autorun scripts take a playlist, randomise it, and then start playing from the top. this is senseless for many of us, as this would result in music for several weeks.
for simplicity i will stick to a playlist approach. i am thinking of an algorithm similiar to:
1. get number of lines in playlist
2. pick random number between 1 and max
3. play song
4. goto 2

this loop is to be interrupted as soon as a video or music title is selected.
is it possible for xbmx to boot an mp3 or wav file on boot-up or could this idea be introduced in the next build
(conners @ nov. 22 2004,22:49 Wrote:is it possible for xbmx to boot an mp3 or wav file on boot-up or could this idea be introduced in the next build
i would also like to see this....i'd like it so that when xbmc booted i could have a welcome sound kinda like windows has it's startup sounds except my xbmc startup file would be a person giving instructions to ppl who do not know how to use xbmc (like guests).

-matt
well i just swiched from uix to xbmc for my main dash, for a couple reasons, but what i also dint know is that you cant start music on boot automatically, like shoutcast stream or music off the hard drive. i think it would be really sweet if you made it possible to be able to have music start on boot.

p.s. one other thing, if someone wants to take a new project on, heres what they should do, take the looks of uix and put it with the features off xbmc i think you would have the best application dashboard or whatever. if you did it you could charge for it beacuse i know i would pay for it, but just a thought. Smile but having music on boot would be really sweet.
hi... i recently switched from avalaunch to xbmc as dashboard and one of the things i miss much it's an automatic mp3 player that plays in the background as soon as you start the xbox.

this is a cool function as sometimes we power on the xbox just to ftp files, transfer dvds or configure something.

so... is it possible to do this? any script etc to do it?

thanks
yeah that's a really nice feature indeed!
if you could specify a shoutcast adress for the bgm that would be awesome :kickass:
shoutcast would be really cool... it would be like the rss reader... just starting automatically...

althought just having a hdd feature lika that, would be enougth for me :thumbsup:
i use xbmc everyday for my music and movies. but my girlfriend does not know how to use the controller. so when see stops the playlist (autostart scripts) she is not getting the music back.

for the usibility i have some suggestions:
- when a cd is in the drive, the play butten can be used (added a couple months ago). is there a way to use the play button for radomly playing music when no cd is inserted;
- start music randomly on boot from settings menu (no xbmc scripts);
- i like this features in settings menu.

greetings, sollie.
suggestions noted... now in the meantime, why dont you show her how to use the controller?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
lol, thanks
i'm looking for this function too, so it will be very nice adding this functionality Smile

thnx in advance,

ptr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to autoplay Music-playlist at startup0