Music Trivia / Facts on the Visualization screen
I have an idea for a project, it is possible to stream certain info mostly text from internet maybe an xml page, when playing a file and display it on the Music NowPlaying screen.

I will make a mockup later to see if anyone is interested in help.
This is a crude mockup of the idea.

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Whatever the idea, it will have nothing to do with the skin. Moving to feature requests...
Quote:Whatever the idea, it will have nothing to do with the skin. Moving to feature requests...

I didnt know where to post since is not a request is something I want to do and I want to know if is possible to do it that way.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Well this is a lot closer than the aeon forum Wink
Quote:Well this is a lot closer than the aeon forum

you maybe right, Thanks !!Nod
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ok maybe nobody understand, what I want its make some kind of xml page where i and anyone can post funfacts, trivia, info about music artists/bands so it can be pull to the music visualization screen.

I dont know if is possible or you need to make an scrapper or a plugin, you will be only pulling text data.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
you'd at the very least need a .py to do the hard work.
you mean like for getting the xml from the net and store it locally and maye make it check if you the current xml and if not download the new one.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
not exactly. even if you download the xml, a skin cannot parse it.... you need to make the info available to the skin somehow, easiest is probably setting some window properties from the script.
mhhh... So you mean an script because I would need to start it automatically every time a song is play, then match the artist and display the associate info.

-too bad i dont know phyton, I have to start reading.

so I need to setup a website, that can accept users entries and save it to xml. but what would be the best method in terms of organizing the structure of the website and i mean something very simple, like find the artist/band enter fact/trivia and add or request artist/band.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
that would be up to you to figure out, whatever your script likes. the info available to search with is pretty much what is available as info labels, i.e. artist album songname etc
Quote:that would be up to you to figure out

yeah, I know I'm just making a brainstorming and looking for suggestions and ideas.

because sometimes I dont like staring an screen with just the album cover on it and this would be a fun twist, until the facts/trivia start to repeat Big Grin
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
well, you know you can scan for album and artist info in xbmc, rite?
Quote: well, you know you can scan for album and artist info in xbmc, rite?

you mean scrape ? like from allmusic ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Trivia / Facts on the Visualization screen0