Problem with Vista, plugins won't show?
I'm having a odd one with vista.

Using TortoiseSVN I downloaded the entirety of the SVN plugins, and plopped them into place in c:\prog files\xbmc\plugins

The wee folders still have 'tick' icons over them, (I presume, meaning they are complete downloads).

But within xbmc (904), the plugins just don't show up?

Is it something to do with vista being picky with folder-types/premission-access?
Depends on how you run XBMC.
Default mode (XBMC.exe started without -p): The plugins need to be located in %appdata%\XBMC\plugins in their subfolder (video, programs, etc)
Portable mode (XBMC.exe started with -p): The plugins belong in the installation directory you pointed out.
Easiest way is to download the official release (repack2) and run the plugin installer from the favourites menu. It'll do the job for you and you don't have to fiddle around with tortoise.
The little icons just indicate that the file is part of a repository. Green means it's the same version as in the repository. Red means the local copy was changed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you WiSo that's brilliant information (and probly something i would have found out if i'd read the vista documentation on wiki no doubt) Rolleyes

but thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Vista, plugins won't show?0