Share recommendations, ratings & watched status - Social networking scrobbers in XBMC
butchabay Wrote:Yes i do ...

Hah! i thought you were one of the developers of trakt.tv Wink Doesn't look like they have an open API tho, a shame ;(. We have a vision that mymediadb.org will be completely open for everyone, and how they use it, is up to the users.
The website interface itself does not YET support importing movies. thats correct. However, there is work being done in another one of my projects (which you can also find under webservice apps on the webpage) that imports all your movies into mymediadb. This is done through the mmdb API. you can find the code here http://code.google.com/p/mmdb-scrobbler however, there are not built any binaries yet as it is mostly unfinished. But if you checkout the project and run it in an IDE you will be able to submit all your movies to mmdb. But as it is today, it's still just a proof of concept.

So the idea is that we may build a applet of mmdb-scrobbler once it has a stable release. and then we can incorporate this into the website interface.

But our main goals is actually that people don't use the website interface. we mostly want them to use our API through 3rd party applications, like for example mmdb-scrobbler or xbmc.
take this usecase as an example, a user purchases (or if your a pirate, downloads) a movie through a third party application, upon completion that application sends a webservice request to mmdb saying that the movie is now "acquired". then the user watches the movie through xbmc (or any other media player) and xbmc now sends a webservice request that the movie has been "watched" and at the end of the movie, the user can choose to rate the movie, tag the movie as "loved"/"hated".
Sounds great, and as i said i like the idea to share movie-tvshow-music db. infos ...
Basically we'd want someone to extend the current scrobbling API - there are a bunch of services (like trackt.tv and this one) that could benefit from a generalized API.

A patch for this would be most welcome - obviously we'd want it pushed to addons eventually, but just something defining the API would be a good start (eg the scrobbling one just sends info on each playback, but we might want to generalize this to send hints on favourites or whatever)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

butchabay Wrote:I assume there is not yet the function to import the Movie Database ? You'll have to go one by one and search each movie in your library?

I put together an alpha version of the scrobbler, so you can test it out if you like. You can find the download here: http://code.google.com/p/mmdb-scrobbler/downloads/list

to execute it you have to run the command
java -jar /path/to/downloaded/jar/file.jar

which will give you usage help and available parameters you can set.

the minimum that you need is:
java -jar /path/to/downloaded/jar/file.jar -api-key key -mmdb-auth username password /path/to/scan

where you need a tmdb api key, and username and password for mmdb.

by default the scanner uses folder names for lookup, and doesnt scan recursively.
I would love to see someone get this working as a script or addon.

It would be great to just start a movie etc and have it automatically be submitted.
Have a look at the trakt.tv plugin if you want to develop something - you should be able to use that as a starting point.
Lightbulb 
I don't know if some of you have heard of trakt.tv (awesome program for xbmc), but this is a great effort to make XBMC more social.

But something big is missing for it: FEEDBACK in XBMC

So this is why I suggest using their API to get some data into our skins.

Examples of this could be: the last episode your friend watched or what he is watching now.

But the big question here is: is it possible to call upon an URL and get json back and incorporate this in the skin (for example on the home menu)?
You mean if your a member of Sharethe.TV or Trakt, after the movie/TV Show finishes, the skin asks for feedback on the film?

I think this should be added as a request for the Trakt/SharetheTV team to implement into their program, rather than the skinners.

The skinners could - if Trakt gets bigger, add the comments fields into the Movie information once it's in place though.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
More like: now most skins have stuff like recently added popping up somewhere on their home menu.

My idea is to have something like your sig but then from your friends on the home menu.

That way it's kind'of like a suggestion from your friend, so when u see him/her again u can talk about the same movie/serie.
it needs 2 things, a script that made this info available to the skin, and modification to the skin.
I know a bit of skinning, put python is totally not my strong suit.

I started with the following thing: a friends widget (the one you can see in some sigs) i've downloaded it and put it into a skin.

What i need next is a script that downloads that image on a regular interval.

I've found some code, but then again it might be nothing because i'm totaly not familiar with python

Code:
"""
dumpimages.py
    Downloads all the images on the supplied URL, and saves them to the
    specified output file ("/test/" by default)

Usage:
    python dumpimages.py http://example.com/ [output]
"""

from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup as bs
import urlparse
from urllib2 import urlopen
from urllib import urlretrieve
import os
import sys

def main(url, out_folder="/test/"):
    """Downloads all the images at 'url' to /test/"""
    soup = bs(urlopen(url))
    parsed = list(urlparse.urlparse(url))

for image in soup.findAll("img"):
        print "Image: %(src)s" % image
        filename = image["src"].split("/")[-1]
        parsed[2] = image["src"]
        outpath = os.path.join(out_folder, filename)
        urlretrieve(urlparse.urlunparse(parsed), outpath)

def _usage():
    print "usage: python dumpimages.py http://example.com [outpath]"

if __name__ == "__main__":
    url = sys.argv[-1]
    out_folder = "/test/"
    if not url.lower().startswith("http"):
        out_folder = sys.argv[-1]
        url = sys.argv[-2]
        if not url.lower().startswith("http"):
            _usage()
            sys.exit(-1)
    main(url, out_folder)
any update on this?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Nope, i'm kinda busy for the moment with exams. So on my part it has been put on the backburner...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share recommendations, ratings & watched status - Social networking scrobbers in XBMC1