Need help with rtmp source (YLE Areena)
Question 
Hi, Finland's national broadcasting company YLE released new version of their "iPlayer" called YLE Areena.

Big problem is that they have started to use RTMP, and i don't really get it.

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui

playpath = "mp4:kotimaa/25/48/254800_204511.mp4"
rtmp_url = "rtmp://flashk.yle.fi/AreenaServer/"
swf_url = "http://areena.yle.fi/player/Application.swf?build=1"
pageUrl = "http://areena.yle.fi/video/254798"
item = xbmcgui.ListItem("AreenaServer")
item.setProperty("SWFPlayer", swf_url)
item.setProperty("PlayPath", playpath)
#item.setProperty("PageURL", pageUrl)
xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER).play(rtmp_url, item)
Here's code, i have tried these solutions but all i get is:
Code:
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: START AMF Object Dump:
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: Property: <Name: level,  STRING: error>
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: Property: <Name: code,  STRING: NetStream.Play.Failed>
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: Property: <Name: description,  STRING: Read access denied for stream kotimaa/25/48/254800_204511.mp4.>
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: Property: <Name: clientid,  STRING: nEpQtDRb>
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: END AMF Object Dump:
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: END AMF Object Dump:
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: RTMP_LIB::CRTMP::HandleInvoke, server invoking <onStatus>
17:17:44 T:3808 M:774168576   DEBUG: RTMP_LIB::CRTMP::HandleInvoke, onStatus: NetStream.Play.Failed
The site won't stream to me in England, so either it's currently broken or geographically limited. That means I can't watch the real player connecting and playing in Wireshark (which is the simplest way to see what's going on).

Some random guesses:
- try giving a playpath that you know won't exist. See if a different error is generated than "Read access denied for stream". If it's doesn't, maybe the playpath is wrong. If it does, the playpath is right, and the server doesn't want to talk to you - something we send must be different to what the flash player would send.
- if it seems like the playpath is wrong, try dropping the ".mp4"
If you have a problem, first search to see if it's already been addressed.
Then, read this. Include exactly which version of XBMC and plugin/script you're using. 'latest' means nothing and may lead to rage and/or a lack of helpful replies.
frosty Wrote:The site won't stream to me in England, so either it's currently broken or geographically limited. That means I can't watch the real player connecting and playing in Wireshark (which is the simplest way to see what's going on).

Some random guesses:
- try giving a playpath that you know won't exist. See if a different error is generated than "Read access denied for stream". If it's doesn't, maybe the playpath is wrong. If it does, the playpath is right, and the server doesn't want to talk to you - something we send must be different to what the flash player would send.
- if it seems like the playpath is wrong, try dropping the ".mp4"
Trying random playpath and dropping .mp4 gave me same error.

There are video/audio that are available for everybody, if you want to try:

http://areena.yle.fi/ohjelmat/naytetaan_...illa/kylla
My mistake, the website plays fine after taking ages to load the video player into the page.

I don't think these streams will be playable by XBMC, as the flash player is more complex than most, and appears to implement some sort of licencing/authorization policy.

In a debug log you can see the server sending us an 'invoke' request for a method 'authenticationDetails' (that their flash player implements, rather than the RTMP protocol itself):
Code:
RTMP_LIB::CRTMP::GetNextMediaPacket, received: invoke 108 bytes
START AMF Object Dump:
Property: <no-name. STRING: authenticationDetails>
Property: <no-name. NUMBER: 0.00>
Property: NULL
Property: OBJECT ====>
START AMF Object Dump:
Property: <Name: locatedInBroadcastTerritory,  BOOLEAN: TRUE>
Property: <Name: randomAuth,  NUMBER: 270223.00>
Property: <Name: tvFeeActivated,  BOOLEAN: FALSE>
END AMF Object Dump:
END AMF Object Dump:
RTMP_LIB::CRTMP::HandleInvoke, server invoking <authenticationDetails>

in a wireshark dump of the real player, you can see a response to this including some number, and then other calls back and forward including strings like "requestData" "session/authenticate/1"

This can't be implemented in XBMC (we're not a full flash player), so if these calls are necessary to convince the server we're allowed to stream the video, then XBMC cannot be able to play it. Sad
If you have a problem, first search to see if it's already been addressed.
Then, read this. Include exactly which version of XBMC and plugin/script you're using. 'latest' means nothing and may lead to rage and/or a lack of helpful replies.
Ah, ok Sad

Thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with rtmp source (YLE Areena)0