xbmc-xbox-skins repository thread
To centralize the accessibility for XBOX compatible skins and at the same time allow downloading of these skins with the SVN Repo Installer plugin (a version with a extra, not standard, repository) I've started a google code page. None of the skins are made or modded by me. You can thank the skin designers by visiting the forum topics related to these skins (links are on the front page).

You can either install the SVN Repo Installer available on the xbmc-xbox-skins google code page, or download the archived skins from the download section and upload them manually to your XBMC installation (/E/XBMC/skins/). I've added the repository to SVN Repo Installer plugin, which yu can download from the google code page. Place it in your /E/XBMC/plugins/programs/ directory and off you go!

Google code page: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins/
SVN Repo Installer plugin: http://xbmc-xbox-skins.googlecode.com/fi...7.7%2B.rar
Archive downloads: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins/downloads/list

Exact changes can be monitored here: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins/source/list

Currently available skins are listed on the googlecode homepage....

Older versions of skins will stay available for download in the downloads section.
The SVN repository will always provide the latest versions. Downloading a new version from
the repo will overwrite your current skin, if the skin is already installed. Please tell me if not all skins that should be present are available!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
this is a very nice addition to the repo installer.
i have one question though, how do you get Transparency! using this? it says that it's available via the repository, but I can only see this:
# Aeon Auriga lite/
# Focus/
# MediaStream lite/
# MediaStream mod/
# MiniMeedia/

Am I looking in the wrong spot?
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Somehow uploading the skin resulted in a error halfway. I noticed just now. Uploading again...it should be available in a few minutes.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram, you just answered my prayers over on the skinning forum ! :-) Did you see my post about this there?
Let's not forget all the older very functional skins that still work fine on the xbox, Basics-101 would be a good addition to the list.
w3__ Wrote:Bram, you just answered my prayers over on the skinning forum ! :-) Did you see my post about this there?

No I didn't Smile

Because of all the media files (art) included in Transparency! I'm still having trouble uploading the skin to the repository. I hope it will be available tonight!

Transparency! and Basics-101 are uploaded!
Any more suggestions?

I think there are more people using the XBOX then most dev's here think (referring to some discussions about XBOX development support). Not to get into that discussion again, but without any promotion besides the link in my sig and there have been quite some downloads of archived skins and the SVN Repo Installer from the google code page! Most people downloading the skins now will have found the page thrue this topic or my sig. So there are a lot of people who don't know about the collection yet. The popularity of the skins might give us more insight in how many people are still using a XBOX.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins...nloadCount

What about connected skin? I have used it the last few months and its very stable.
Connected has been added. Thanks for the tip.
It's good to have one more 4:3 skin available.

Thanks for keeping these skins together. I currently have two xbox's as media centers, and I am working on procuring 3 more so that I can have one in every room. I really don't understand the seeming lack of popularity for the xbox. Even if one were to have more powerful hardware for the main ht, why would you not grab an xbox for every other room and save a buttload of cash? Anyway, thanks for keeping the dream alive.
@Bram77
Can you please add Rapier skin, it works fine on Xbox, thanks.
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2009/09/17/skin-release-rapier/

@herbivore
Xbox was discontinued a few years ago and to be honest it requires a bit more skills to mod and install things on it, than it takes on systems running Linux or Windows, although once you do it, with XBMC on it is as friendly as any other system. It is also a bit more complicated to develop for Xbox, but we're still here man, and as long as the box runs and there's few developers still putting the fixes into Xbmc for Xbox, I would see it going on for a while.
Thanks for the notification Dan Dare, I'd already added it earlier today. Great skin!

Yeah, it looks pretty good and works well on Xbox as well - kudos for maintaining the repository!
@Bram77

I didn't want to take up space in the Alaska thread on a XBOX topic so I posted it here. Anyways, I just tried the newest git pull(10-21)...Out of the box movies didn't play but if you compress the images to a .xpr it works great.

I created an option to disable fanart for better performance:

MyVideoNav.xml
Quote:<include>Global_Background</include>
<control type="largeimage">
<include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
<include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nofanart)</visible>
</control>

CustomSettings.xml...just control+F to find "501". Starting at line 282 I put this block of code:
Quote:<control type="radiobutton" id="502">
<width>740</width>
<font>Font_Settings</font>
<textcolor>ListTrackF</textcolor>
<focusedcolor>Black</focusedcolor>
<!-- LOC -->
<label>No Fanart</label>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nofanart)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(nofanart)</selected>
</control>

But unfortunately my suggestion on how to get setting icons to show didn't work. I got to look into that one...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc-xbox-skins repository thread0