[REQUEST] OpenVPN support in XBMC - Maybe port the Boxee VPN script?
traceroute is your friend or you could open the next following url to show that everything is ok.

http://showip.net/
Nice one guys, yes - the Boxee plugin I made has binaries for OSX, and 32/64 bit Linux. Windows has a whole host of problems that make this stuff alot more tricky.

Also... if you need a reliable VPN provider with servers in 22 countries...
I am already signed up with overplay. And am using the binary from the plugin for XBMC. Does anyone know if the appletv have traceroute on it or do I need to find a binary?

The problem could be with the hulu plugin too.
Establish a vpn connection can sometimes be very tricky .....

- Be sure that your dns server can be reached after a vpn connection.
- Setting up the routing table could be tricky as well .....
thinking about it I think xbmc might have a different ip to the appletv itself somehow. I am not sure this is even possible and I will need to check if this is the case but I would guess this might cause some issues with the vpn.
My last post was rubbish - the ip is the same - I thin kthe vpn is working and the plugin is not. The CBS plugin was incredibly stuttery. Whne I get a chance I will post the scripts.
I think this is working I think the problem is more with the hulu plugin.

The script I use is this:

Code:
import os
os.system('sudo /path/to/vpn/binanry/openvpnOSX --config /path/to/conf.conf &')

This works on my appletv using the overplay binary out of the boxee plugin. I just add this to my favourites.
matpol Wrote:I think this is working I think the problem is more with the hulu plugin.

The script I use is this:

Code:
import os
os.system('sudo /path/to/vpn/binanry/openvpnOSX --config /path/to/conf.conf &')

This works on my appletv using the overplay binary out of the boxee plugin. I just add this to my favourites.

Thanks for the link to this thread. Sounds like this is VPN providor specific? I'm not familiar with the Boxee plugin - have to do some searching. I am currently using HideMyAss.com - they have a client based on OpenVPN so not sure if that will work? I would really love to get this working on the ATV. DD-WRT on the router tends to slow things down.

Thanks for any additional tips.
this is not provider specific. I use this binary as it allows you to set the password easily. This post shows how to change the conf settings
http://wtf.butcherbrand.ca/2010/09/15/re...-on-boxee/
has this situ changed , i may also be interested in the solution
There is a simple and standard way to setup VPN into your boxee. I have figured out 9 easiest ways to setup Open VPN here
Source: How to Setup VPN for Boxee
The dji phantom 2 quadcopter is one hell of a title but then this is one hell of a machine, note machine NOT toy. It is, however, a machine with built-in fun. My experience is somewhat limited but I belong to a small group and what I am learning from them is amazing. I have... Read More

Ar drone review
Parrot Ar 2.0
DJI phantom review site
AR DRONE REVIEW
We advise to the reader who are facing boxee vpn setup issue they can consider the following providers http://www.fastvpnservice.com/best-usa-vpn.html who are well supported with boxee box, I hope this info help you and others too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] OpenVPN support in XBMC - Maybe port the Boxee VPN script?0