Any option within MUSIC to consolidate multi-cd albums into one graphic?
I was not sure where to post this so figured here was a good start. Does XBMC allow one to group multi cds of an album within one album cover? For example my Bruce Live Album is really 3 cds and the id3 tags show the album marked as Disk1, 2 and 3. Now I know I can just rename all the id tags to say Bruce Live to fix it but I was just wondering if there is an option Im missing to group multi cds within 1 album. Sort of like the stacking option we have for videos....

thanks
Just use library mode.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Just use library mode.

I do use library mode and when I browse my albums it shows 3 covers for "Bruce Live". Are you saying that it should only show me one ? Keep in mind the id3 tag has Bruce Live 1, Bruce Live 2 and Bruce Live 3 for the 3 cds.

thanks
The Album title should be "Bruce Live".

The disk number should be in the disk number field (TPOS)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

im am also keen to know alittle more about this as i also name my CDs this way
ie
Hed Kandi: Back To Love CD1
Hed Kandi: Back To Love CD2

Just so that i can be sure i can fined the exact disk in other media players aswell.
ie - Windows Media Player - UPnP for Xbox360 etc

If I was to name them all the same and rely on the 'disk' tags within the files. when i select the album will i then be presented with a pop up box with disk to choose from?, or would the window just advance a level to a list containing just 2 album covers to represent the 2 CDs? or do i get some nice CD graphic apear onscreen to alow CD Select?
jmarshall Wrote:The Album title should be "Bruce Live".

The disk number should be in the disk number field (TPOS)

Thanks and Ill redo the id3 tags to fix it....
so, according to your information - if i want to play disc 2 of a multi disc album, i have to manually browse to it's 1st track then?

the only way to prevent this would be to add DISC1 + DISC2 to the album name tag, which on the other hand seems to make it difficult to scrape valid infos for it then.
cheers,azido :;):
If by "manually browse" you mean click on the album and then select the track you want, then yes.

It'll be listed as track 1, so it's not exactly difficult to accomplish Smile

jmarshall Wrote:If by "manually browse" you mean click on the album and then select the track you want, then yes.

It'll be listed as track 1, so it's not exactly difficult to accomplish Smile

yeah of course, i've noticed that already. not the worst solution as i can keep seperating them by dirs to select them in file mode and still be able to play both "discs" at once and don't have to deal with numbering like 101 and 201.

right now i have a complete different "problem" where you, jonathan, should point me to my user error if i do one here:

what exactly triggers xbmc's decision to create album.nfo and folder.jpg for an album when exporting music database to separate files along with the art?

let me give you an example:

there is the german artist "air liquide" and i have some albums and one ep. dirs are structured as following:

K:\ALBEN
---------\Air Liquide
-------------------\Abuse Your Illusions Disc1
-------------------\Abuse Your Illusions Disc2
-------------------\If There Was No Gravity
-------------------\Neue Frankfurter Elektronik Schule
---------\artist.nfo
---------\folder.jpg
---------\fanart.jpg

i've double/triple checked that mp3 tagging is correct, album art is also embedded to mp3s. i went to file mode, focused each album, used "Album Information" to scrape, got results for "Abuse Your Illusions" and "Neue Frankfurter Elektronik Schule". "If There Was No Gravity" had no success in scraping. Now i focused each one again to update database.

All albums mentioned are in database now. My next step now was to look for album reviews, and if i get some, to put them into nfos, so i thought it would be good to export music database to get the nfos to insert them to. Done as said, only "Abuse Your Illusions" had album.nfo afterwards. Took me a while to retag "Neue Frankfurter Elektronik Schule" before i finally found it on discogs (was named "Neue Frankfurter Elektronic Schule" there)
and after several exporting attempts finally this one got album.nfo and folder.jpg also. No luck for "If There Was No Gravity". No matter what i do, it does not create album.nfo for this one.

Also what really makes me scratching my head: Although i have album.nfo for "Neue Frankfurter Elektronik Schule" now, everytime i hit album information (no matter if in file or library mode) and use load, it still scrapes for info online and does not use the album.nfo instead. Looks like it does not recognize it's existence at all..

what am i doing wrong here? why doesn't xbmc read this album.nfo and why does it not create one for "If There Was No Gravity" although all of them are in database (i can see and use them in library mode) ?
Huh

edit: ok, seems like for "Neue Frankfurter Elektronik Schule" it starts scraping as soon as there is <thumb> information inside that points to a directive at discogs. if i remove that, xbmc reads the nfo accordingly. any hints on that?
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any option within MUSIC to consolidate multi-cd albums into one graphic?0