albums and songs in the same window?
maybe this it was posted, but i don´t found it.

It´s possible to show all artist albums, & over one album show a dialog with the songs of that album, something just like this ...Image
Nope.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

mmm so bad, well thank you for you quickly answer
I also wanted to do this but sadly it's not possible... will it maybe be possible in the future?
Hey JM just curious, I've seen people ask for this a lot, or stuff like it i.e showing episodes and tv shows at the same time. Is it something that's not on the cards for philisophical reasons or is it a technical quandry (or maybe both?)

I don't really have a strong opinion either way but I've seen this requested a few times so I'm interested to know.
Its a technical reason due to the way xbmc fills the lists.
Also pretty much all of these programs that do this are not skinable they all have a fixed look and layout. If XBMC only had the one skin all sorts of things would be easier to code in like proper coverflow.
Alot of the problem with xbmc is its pure flexability with its layout and design. People can pretty much display its layout how ever they want and doing this sort of thing needs to be able to take into account that some people may want it others may not. So if you add it for one you have to work around for the people who do it the current way
You can tell from that screenshot really: The second list is of zero benefit to the user. They can't click on them, they can't switch to them. All it's there for is prettiness.

When you have an interface designed to be browsed using a remote control, having a heirarchy is IMO essential. Thus, keeping around old lists have zero benefit other than presenting a bit of eye-candy.

Combined with the technical issues as presented by my esteemed colleague, you can see why it's not a priority.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Why they can't click on them? You select an album (cover), it flips around and you can choose the album songs from a list. For this it would be actually enough if the album covers can be "freezed" in the background so that they are still visible when you select an album.

€: to show with a screen what i'd like to have when I select an album:
Thanks for proving my point: You can't click on the albums when you're viewing the songs, thus they're only there for prettiness.

My previous post holds.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ah ok you're meaning the albums... ok they are only for prettiness but if you have it like in my screenshot, you can maybe come to the next or previous album by clicking left/right... so both lists are in use. But I see this is not a priority but anyway it would be great if this will be possible in the future. Smile
Yup, but even with left/right, you still are actually using one list at a time - the songs list would vanish, you're returned to the album list which moves, and the new songs list comes up.

And yes, it's certainly not being ruled out (very few things ever are) just not something that's going to be worked on for quite some time.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
albums and songs in the same window?0