• 1(current)
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC?
Question 
just curious, if one of the currently available media managers out there support creating of album.nfo, artist.nfo, fanart.jpg, cover.jpg, artist,jpg and putting them into the right locations so xbmc can use them when updating/populating the database?

forgive me for the laziness in not trying to install every mm to see if it has that portion in it Wink
cheers,azido :;):
I don't think there is one, I am looking for one that embeds album art in mp3. Anyone?
I'd love something like that as well..

Media Companion, but then for music.
Why Huh There's no need to No

Audio files have ID3 Tags, that's the nfo file for audio files.
Make sure these are perfect so:

Use a ID3-Tag editor and make sure the tag is ok .
Use Albumart downloader for your covers.(If you like nice big covers) And place them in your folders.
Use XBMC as media managing app for music (extracting Album info, fanart ,(covers)) best application there is Nod

Btw I use Tagrunner and you can place a cover in the ID3 tag, but xbmc won't extract covers from ID3 Tags.Sad
Waffa Wrote:Why Huh There's no need to No

Use XBMC as media managing app for music (extracting Album info, fanart ,(covers)) best application there is Nod

Does xbmc grap music fanarts? I've never got this working. What scraper are you using to achieve this?
Media Monkey for embedding album art and correcting id3 tags

MIP for music fanart
First be sure the skin supports it.!!

Go in music library to artist.
Stand on a artist and push info button.

Now you get the info and you have the fanart and there is a fanart button so you can choose !!

Fanart works only in artist in some skins also in album/songs .
Waffa Wrote:Why Huh There's no need to No

Btw I use Tagrunner and you can place a cover in the ID3 tag, but xbmc won't extract covers from ID3 Tags.Sad

my embedded tags work fine. Try latest build, maybe.

Albumartdownloader is good, too bad I don't have lots of albums. Most of my media is in one folder.
Waffa Wrote:First be sure the skin supports it.!!

Go in music library to artist.
Stand on a artist and push info button.

Now you get the info and you have the fanart and there is a fanart button so you can choose !!

Fanart works only in artist in some skins also in album/songs .

Is there any way to automate this? I'd like to be able to run a media manager over my music folder and have it grab fanart.jpg's for each artist, but from what I can see, even if this does happen, I'd still need to individually select each artist's fanart from within xbmc.

Is this correct?
i'm not asking for embedding album covers and album/track names to mp3 (i'm using mp3tag for this), nor for fanart downloads (getting them from the net manually).

there is a bunch of additional info for the artists

- style/mood/yearsactive/born/formed/instruments/biography/died/disbanded

and on the album level we have

- stlye/mood/theme/review/type/releasedate/label

which are not part of id-tagging but can be displayed by modern xbmc skins when available in artist.nfo and album.nfo; not all of them make really sense, but some like bio and review do.

i'd like to create and manage that informations in one of those media managers instead of scraping albums, exporting database and adding them manually..

maybe one of those excellent coders out there can add that to his project - or write a new one for this purpose?
Silverxxx Wrote:my embedded tags work fine. Try latest build, maybe.

Cool Cool Didn't know, Thx for pointing out. Big Grin (last time I tried wasn't supported)

snoxbox Wrote:Is there any way to automate this? I'd like to be able to run a media manager over my music folder and have it grab fanart.jpg's for each artist, but from what I can see, even if this does happen, I'd still need to individually select each artist's fanart from within xbmc.

Is this correct?

It goes all automate. Enable in music settings Album information and artist information.

azido Wrote:i'm not asking for embedding album covers and album/track names to mp3 (i'm using mp3tag for this), nor for fanart downloads (getting them from the net manually).

there is a bunch of additional info for the artists

- style/mood/yearsactive/born/formed/instruments/biography/died/disbanded

and on the album level we have

- stlye/mood/theme/review/type/releasedate/label

which are not part of id-tagging but can be displayed by modern xbmc skins when available in artist.nfo and album.nfo; not all of them make really sense, but some like bio and review do.

i'd like to create and manage that informations in one of those media managers instead of scraping albums, exporting database and adding them manually..

maybe one of those excellent coders out there can add that to his project - or write a new one for this purpose?

You've got a point.

Modern skins do support it, but xbmc should support it and place the info into your userdata. Nod Maybe in the future. Big Grin
Waffa Wrote:Modern skins do support it, but xbmc should support it and place the info into your userdata. Nod Maybe in the future. Big Grin

not sure what that should do in my userdata, since it's library based stuff Wink maybe i do not understand you here..

xbmc already generates that nfos (honestly that's where i have those additional information tags from) when exporting music database to separate files.

what i like to have is a situation where i can create or modify artist.nfo and album.nfo outside of xbmc in a convenient gui. beside the additional comfort this would have the effect of not needing to add an album to the database in xbmc first and afterwards exporting it so the nfos will be created. instead one could do the preparations for an album first and THEN add it to the database in xbmc, skipping the step of scraping and hoping one of the scrapers knows the right stuff. or maybe scrape the infos from within that "music manager" and fill in what haven't been found before letting xbmc know your album.
Waffa Wrote:It goes all automate. Enable in music settings Album information and artist information.

Really? perhpas it's the skin I'm using then (PM3.HD). Full scan with album and artist information turned on does not automatically grab or show fanart.
snoxbox Wrote:Really? perhpas it's the skin I'm using then (PM3.HD). Full scan with album and artist information turned on does not automatically grab or show fanart.

go to www.htbackdrops.com and verify if one of your scraped artists has a fanart available there. this is the source for scraping music fanart.
someone changed/renamed my topic?

why? Nerd
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a stand-alone media manager software application for music that suits XBMC?1