[REQUEST] Movies Multiplex-Layout with plot and fanart
Hello,

I personally just scrap the info and fanart from movies and don't add anything else (like e.g. extra thumbs). In the multiplex view for movies (recent Aeon Auriga) I want to see the plot of the movie, so there is just one layout I can use. Sadly this layout tries to show two extra thumbs, which I don't have. There are just two black rectangles.

Wouldn't it be possible, if there are no extra thumbs for a movie, to show the fanart in the upper rectangle and hide the other one?
Generelly it should always hide the rectangles if there is no image to show (in other layouts as well).

Best regards,
Steffen
old_multiplex I think its call not sure but i think its include already in Aeon!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
"Layout: Fanart" is not what you want?

edit: looks like this:
well, this is not how my multipley looks like Wink
I'm using the recent Aeon Auriga new multiplex view (like in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50401; where you see the two little pictures, there are black rectangles in my case).

Btw: the "watched"-overlays are also missing in the new multiplex view Sad
Yes, you only have to change layout to "fanart" in the top menu... then it'll look like on my screenshot. Smile For the watched overlays there are several mods now including mine where you have the watched overlays.
No, this is not working.
There is no layout "fanart" (just "art"), and also every other layout except "plot" has no plot showing in the info. I would want fanart and plot.

But I think you're using some different version of Aeon then I do (or setup, maybe old multiplex?).

Watched overlays would be nice, so I will look into it Wink
Thanks.
MEvil Wrote:No, this is not working.
There is no layout "fanart" (just "art"), and also every other layout except "plot" has no plot showing in the info. I would want fanart and plot.

But I think you're using some different version of Aeon then I do (or setup, maybe old multiplex?).

Watched overlays would be nice, so I will look into it Wink
Thanks.
Art = fanart as black stated you can use that one as that shows the plot and your fanart But make sure you set plot to auto scroll
in the settings.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Yes, it's layout = art in the english version... here's a screen from a clean auriga version without any mods, just to clarify that the plot must be there with layout = art.

thanks guys, but I keep telling you: I think you use old multiplex, not the new one Wink

On my XBMC Aeon Auriga it looks like this (auto scroll is enabled as well):

Layout Plot

Layout Art (Fanart)

There is just one more layout called "thumb", which also has no plot and a black rectangle.
It would be really nice to have the Layout Plot (like in the screenshot), but with dynamic showing of the images. If there are extra thumbs: show them, if not: show the fanart and hide the second rectangle, if there is no fanart, don't show any image at all.
I really don't know where you downloaded your version of Aeon Auriga but it sure isn't from github where you get the official version from.
First of all what Black and paul said is how the original Aeon Auriga works. I always keep a clean Auriga pull from Auriga at hand and it shows exactly what Black posted.
Second there are no night/dark images in the original Aeon Auriga version and the posters have spaces between them not like in your screenshot.

So either it is you who is using an old version of auriga or you are using some kind of mod which doesn't have the multiplex view you want.

Where exactly did you download your version of Auriga?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It's the version from github and I figured out what the difference is between your setup and mine. I'm using the legacy dark multiplex (settings - customize - advanced- general - use legacy dark multiplex) and you're not.

I don't know exactly why there are these two modes, but I definitely prefer my setting (it looks more elegant). But sadly, in the dark multiplex it's not working with the fanart Sad
MEvil Wrote:It's the version from github and I figured out what the difference is between your setup and mine. I'm using the legacy dark multiplex (settings - customize - advanced- general - use legacy dark multiplex) and you're not.

So after all you are the one using the old version of multiplex Wink
Maybe you can find a mod for the old multiplex view in one of the many mod threads posted here but all the new mods are intended for the new multiplex view.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Well, sadly you're right Sad
I didn't get it, cos' english is not my mother tongue (I'm from Germany) and I didn't know the meaning of "legacy". Just thought it would be an option to have a darker multiplex ...

Why did they change that? In my opinion the old one looks so much better than the new one ...
MEvil Wrote:Well, sadly you're right Sad
I didn't get it, cos' english is not my mother tongue (I'm from Germany) and I didn't know the meaning of "legacy". Just thought it would be an option to have a darker multiplex ...

Why did they change that? In my opinion the old one looks so much better than the new one ...

I'm a native german speaker as well Wink (Seems like there are a lot of german speaking people around here)

Well as with all things taste differs from person to person. I e.g. don't really like the old multiplex view because the posters are all ligned up without any space in between.

What exactly do you prefer from the old one? If you are just after the dark theme you should go for Black's "Aeon Night Mod".
MEvil Wrote:thanks guys, but I keep telling you: I think you use old multiplex, not the new one Wink
Actually you're the one using the Old Multiplex as shown in your screen shots.

To use the New Multiplex turn off the Old Multiplex in the options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Movies Multiplex-Layout with plot and fanart0