[HELP] Multiplex Watched Overlay
I'm working on my own OverlayWatched.png for Multiplex using alpha transparency to dim the poster. It works great while it's unfocused:

But when the focused item has been watched, it just resizes the same image, which looks like poo:

Does anyone know where the code is that controls the focused item's overlay properties? The unfocused item code is found in ViewtypeMultiplex around line 1100. I really would like to just point the focused overlay to the standard check mark:

So that it would look like this except obviously with the transparent check mark (excuse the crappy paint rendition... I'm at work):

Thanks in Advance.
Hopefully Hitcher or another skinning guru is watching this thread Nod. I'm just trying to figure out where the section of code is that controls the focused overlay for multiplex.
The 'focused' control group will be below the 'unfocused' one.
Hitcher Wrote:The 'focused' control group will be below the 'unfocused' one.

Line 1157 is where I found the Unfocused group in ViewtypeMultiplex.xml, but there isn't anything above or below it:
Code:
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>74</posx>
                    <posy>52</posy>
                    <width>48</width>
                    <height>52</height>
                    <info>ListItem.Overlay</info>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nomovieoverlays) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Overlay)</visible>
                    <include>Animation_VisibleChange200</include>
                    <visible>true</visible>
                </control>          
            </focusedlayout>
That's the end of the focused layout going by the closing tag </focusedlayout> which means you'll want to look up for the closing tag for the unfocused layout </itemlayout> and put the code in there. Then you'll want to mess around with the pos/size.
Hitcher Wrote:That's the end of the focused layout going by the closing tag </focusedlayout> which means you'll want to look up for the closing tag for the unfocused layout </itemlayout> and put the code in there. Then you'll want to mess around with the pos/size.

Oh, duh- there it is. Thanks a million. Am I right in assuming that I can replace the:
Code:
<info>ListItem.Overlay</info>
with the secondary watched icon?
Code:
<texture>media/OverlayWatchedNew.png</texture>

At the same time, I've noticed that the watched check marks jumps in position a little bit from the time it's to the right of the focused item to the time it moves to the left. I'm guessing it's because of the difference in <posx>:

line 1109 <itemlayout>
Code:
    <posx>68</posx>

line 1158 <focusedlayout>
Code:
    <posx>74</posx>

Just a thought.
You can only use the one watched overlay.
Yes, <texture>media/OverlayWatchedNew.png</texture> will not work... it will be shown on all movies. That's why you need <info>ListItem.Overlay</info> and can only use OverlayWatched.png.
Hitcher Wrote:You can only use the one watched overlay.

`Black Wrote:Yes, <texture>media/OverlayWatchedNew.png</texture> will not work... it will be shown on all movies. That's why you need <info>ListItem.Overlay</info> and can only use OverlayWatched.png.

Well, it was worth a shot, I'll see if I can't figure out a different way to indicate the watched status for the focuseditem. Thanks guys!

UPDATE: I ended up just hiding the watched overlay for the focused item. Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP] Multiplex Watched Overlay0