LIRC doesn't work out of box on 9.04?
Hi,

I've scoured the forums and as far as I can tell I seem to be the only one having this problem. On my x86 64 bit machine I installed the lirc (0.84a) package from the package manager (this is for 9.04). I have the USB-UIRT (http://www.usbuirt.com/) plugged in and blinks when an IR signal is sent by one of my remotes. As far as I can tell it should work out of the box with LIRC.

But for some reason all the lirc utilities, like irw, do not work on my system. The messages seem to be all different, (example, lirw prints 'connect: Connection refused') but it looks like it's missing functions that it's trying to call and I have no idea what additional libraries I need, how to find out if it is, or if that's my problem at all.

In retrospect I think the problem might have stemmed from installing the lirc package in the first place. Was it even needed? Were the utilities there before I 'installed' them? How would I revert back to where it should be?

If there's anything I've missed please kindly redirect me.

Thanks for your time in advance,

- Eric
Turns out this is most definitely a LIRC/hw specific issue and not related to xbmc. I wasn't aware that LIRC would run in the first place without being properly configured.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC doesn't work out of box on 9.04?0