rename home vids to tv shows
I wanted to bulk rename my home videos to the format of tv shows so that I could put them in xbmc.

anyone know of any tools to do this? I tried tvrenamer and renamer but you have to pick a tv show for it to be able to rename it. unless I am not seeing that you can rename your own custom shows.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I wanted to bulk rename my home videos to the format of tv shows so that I could put them in xbmc.

anyone know of any tools to do this? I tried tvrenamer and renamer but you have to pick a tv show for it to be able to rename it. unless I am not seeing that you can rename your own custom shows.

Rather than renaming, you could use one of the media managers to creat .nfos for your home movies.
well I have alot of individual files. for instance for xmas I have about 15-20 files. I was thinking of just dropping one .nfo files and then rename all the files and have them show up as a tv show. I am using aeon so I can do the home customization mod and then just add a menu item.

what do you think?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
do you mean doing one "Tvshow.nfo" file and then not doing NFOs for each individual video? Cuz that would be easiest, I think.
Catchy Signature Here
rflores2323 Wrote:I wanted to bulk rename my home videos to the format of tv shows so that I could put them in xbmc.

If you wish to bulk rename files, say changing they naming sequence, this utility does it all.
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

Can rename file to anything you like, adding number sequencing to the end.

I use use this to rename and organise my Photos, MP3's, and Downloaded Tv Shows (removing all the crap like '.' or '_' and changing them to S01E01 format. It can auto number multiple files.

Fantastic utility!Nod
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rename home vids to tv shows0