Power off on remote to bring up shutdown menu
Lightbulb 
Hi, I was surprised to find that in the default options in XBMC there's nowhere to change the off button to actually bring up the shutdown menu - i can make it close XBMC, shutdown the computer etc... but not bring up the shutdown menu.

it'll involve editing keymap.xml and maybe having a command like this
Code:
execbuiltin(activatewindo(shutdownmenu))
but i don't know exactly what that command should be.

i've trawled the wiki looking for what the command might be but i'm at a loss as to where it might be documented.

i think the option is more than important especially if people are like me and accidently hit the off button, you don't want the computer switching off completely without a confirmation first.
I think this is it:
ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)

Just replace power with this. (I havent' tried it yet)

It would be great if someone could add this selection to the GUI.
In /userdata/Keymap.xml you'll need to make this change under global remote:

<power>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutDownMenu)</power>

And in /userdata/Lircmap.xml :

<power>POWER</power>

This assumes for the lircmap that you power button is called POWER by your remote.
This may or may not be the case. :p
hikaricore - thanks, here's a little guide I wrote because each distro or release of XBMC is a little different.

search for Keymap.xml then copy that to ~/.xbmc/userdata/Keymap.xml - apparently this will be different depending on the build, if you can't find that then the newer build uses a different file something like remote.xml that belongs in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml Do a search for those original .xml files because they differ on location depending on distro.

change the line in the xml file between <remote> </remote> from

<power> blah blah blah <power>

to

<power>XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</power>

I already had an lircmap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power off on remote to bring up shutdown menu0