Audio when in command line, not XBMC
Question 
Hi,

I have a really strange problem with the audio on my HTPC. I have an onboard sound card (NVidia CK804 - IEC958) that I am trying to get working using stereo output to my HDTV.

I have the audio settings in XBMC set to Analog, with everything off or default. If I then play a video, I see it, but hear no sound.

If, however, I switch to the command prompt (tty2) by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F2 while the video is still playing, I can hear the audio from the video! The only issue here, is that I am now looking at the command prompt. Switching back to XBMC also won't work with the video still playing.

Can anyone tell me how to get the audio running in tty1 (XBMC) instead of tty2?

Thanks,
Steve
I just fought with this today too!

I finally found my problem: I'm using a DVI to HDMI converter and a separate analog audio cable and my TV is sending telling the NVidia card to send the audio through the HDMI.

You can find a better description and the solution to it here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6...ostcount=9

Hope you didn't waste as much time on this as I did! Smile
I am using an analog audio cable too, but mine is an HDMI to HDMI connection to the TV. I'll have a read of the solution and give it a go though!

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio when in command line, not XBMC0