HELP: XBMC Black Screen (of death)
Smile 
I just installed XBMC in Ubuntu. It opened into a window and I was looking for a way to load it full screen. I changed the resolution setting to the first option that was labeled full screen. My display did not seem to like it as it went full screen but was completely black. Now every time I open XBMC it is full screen and black. I hit the \ key to force it into a window but it is still black. Can someone please let me know how to reset the resolution setting? Also, can you let me know how to have XBMC start in full screen?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Rich
Sad 
UPDATE: I went into the Synaptic Package Manager and completely removed and reinstalled XBMC but it did not correct my problem.
Hi and welcome to the forums.

you need to delete /home/yourname/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml. Then restart xbmc.

cheers.
Thumbs Up 
Awesome! That worked perfect.

Now, any suggestions on how to get XBMC to run in full screen properly? Smile

THANKS!
No problem

just go through the res options untill you come to, for example 1920x1080 (fullscreen). "(Fullscreen)" being the important part. Then test resolution. If it results in black screen again just repeat the fix and try a diff res. Also make sure you have configured your xorg.conf properly.

cheers
The only option that notes full screen is 1280x1024 @ 60.02Hz. This is the option I chose and got the black screen. Could you explain how I am to configure the xorg.conf file?

FYI - I am a noob to Ubuntu and I just found XBMC tonight. Sorry to be such a pain, I appreciate your help!

Rich
ok what exact hardware are you running?
I'm running a fresh install of Ubuntu on an old Dell Optiplex SX270. I want to get a feel for XBMC and then move the box to my 60" big screen. So, not sure exactly what you mean/need as for hardware.
The possible resolutions are typically pulled from the display. This is called the "EDID" and it will give the video card all the supported resolutions of the display. So if you hook up your TV to the computer it will tell the computer what resolutions work for the TV. Otherwise you'll have to override the edid of your current monitor. It's much easier just to hook it up where you're going to use it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP: XBMC Black Screen (of death)0