[LIVE] Beginner needs help getting the right drivers for geforce 8200
Hey guys,
first of all - Props for this great community.

Sadly i (linux noob) thought xbmc live would solve all my problems but sadly it now makes me learn *nix Rolleyes

Anyways - my setup is a pretty simple AMD 4850+, 2Gigers of RAM on an Geforce 8200 Mobo.

Sadly XBMC Live makes all my .mkv files choppy + digital audio out wont work. I guess xbmc is not using the right/up2date drivers.

Could any1 help me?

I tried the ION Tutorials and changed nvidia-gtx-185 to nvidia-gtx-new but well it didnt help Smile
Have you selected vdpau in settings, videos, player, render method?

cheers
i did not. But when i do its totally choppy its not working at all

SD-Video works, .mkvs are like 1-2 fps
Jikyo Wrote:i did not. But when i do its totally choppy its not working at all

SD-Video works, .mkvs are like 1-2 fps

You need to enable vdpau in order to get gpu assisted decoding. Sounds like that is your issue.

edit: oh sorry, didnt read fully that you did try. Something else sounds amiss, I have a 8200 using the nvidia drivers that comes with the latest stable of live and it works fine.
Okay. I might have fucked it up earlier. I will reinstall and try VPMU from the beginning.

Do you have solution for the sound issue?
ya its not working at all. The video is totally messed up with vdpau
3 thoughts:
1. Do you have the nvidia drivers installed?
2. Do you have 512mb of ram assigned to your igpu?
3. Are you using dual channel ram?
1. Probably not - How does it work? - i tried the FAQ for the Nvidia ION but i guess those are not the right drivers.

2. I cannot. I've set my primary gfx card now to Internal VGA and SLI RAM Size to 256MB (shouldn change anything but it was worth a try). it didnt help though Sad At least the Grafics arent totally fucked now. But its still FAR awayfrom smooth (feels like 10fps - prolly less)

3. Yes, i Do. 2 x 1GB Dual Channel (800)

My motherboard is a Asus M3N78 btw
Try following this guide to update to a more recent version. I think there was a fix after the stable was released. I did a quick google on that motherboard and you should be able to set the gpu to 512mb in bios. Here is the link.

cheers
Will try this as soon as im home.

Thanks
This might be a little easier there is an XBMC Live with newer Nvidia driver (but not the latest) available here or here as an ISO image you can burn to disc & install.

It's based on the last stable release 9.04.1 so I dont know if that will improve anything for you.
2 things:
1) u must enable 512MB shared ram to video card in bios setup (if u can't do that u must upgrade bios) to use vdpau correctly.
2) in stable version (the live use the stable version) there is a known bug that affect all nvidia integrated card like your 8200 (i'm a 8300 user Tongue) solved some time ago in the svn build (development). Follow the sticky that explaing how to install from svn ppa.
So upgrading to the latest nvidia driver + bleeding edge helped alot. Its nearly good now.

Audio is still not working though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Beginner needs help getting the right drivers for geforce 82000