Easy to user Bluetooth remote for linux
Ok, I'm all up and going with xbmc on Linux and am very impressed.. what a fantastic bit of work.

Now, in order to get my wife and kids using this, I'm going to need to setup a remote. Bluetooth is preferred rather than IR. Two immediate thoughts are a PS3 remote or a Wiimote.

Something which is easy to configure, and intuitive to use would be great.. Any pointers (appreciate that there are lots of postings on this already, but the solution I'm interested in is scoped back to bluetooth, easy to setup, intuitive to use).

Thanks in advance for any views!
wiimote is already possible/supported. Or go for an rf remote - same thing, no pairing issues etc. or - maybe even better for the family - go for a wireless gamepad (e.g. xbox 360) and you'll have the nice features the good old xbmc on xbox had (still has Wink )
rickx Wrote:wiimote is already possible/supported. Or go for an rf remote - same thing, no pairing issues etc. or - maybe even better for the family - go for a wireless gamepad (e.g. xbox 360) and you'll have the nice features the good old xbmc on xbox had (still has Wink )

Thanks. I'm running an asrock ION 330, so I guess I'd need some sort of IR receiver to hook up an xbox 360 gamepad. I'm after a bluetooth device because I'm already using an IR device (keyboard/ mouse), and range seems rubbish - hopefully better with bluetooth? dunno.

anyhow, methinks a play with a wiimote is the starting point, and then, maybe the ps3 remote?
the only thing to think of is powerdraining battery life.
i'm using the wii-fb, too. it works realy fine.
but you need some sets of rechargeable batterys.

you can turn the wii-mote off, while you are watching a movie to save some energy.

a rf-remote would to the job with less batteries.
but it could become a bit complicated, when you have to configure lirc.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
donabi Wrote:the only thing to think of is powerdraining battery life.
i'm using the wii-fb, too. it works realy fine.
but you need some sets of rechargeable batterys.

you can turn the wii-mote off, while you are watching a movie to save some energy.

a rf-remote would to the job with less batteries.
but it could become a bit complicated, when you have to configure lirc.

well, I'll give the wiimote a whirl as a starting point.. thanks for your views.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easy to user Bluetooth remote for linux0