Adding sources
skin-pm3-hd, xbmc 9.04.1 on Karmic.

This is a stupid question but how do I add sources on local filesystems outside of your homedirectory?

For example, when I go to video in non library mode I have three options

=> Add source
=> Volume1
= > Volume2

My content is under volumes 1 + 2

If I go add source, I see no way of navigating outside my home directory to /volume1/DVD

If I go directly to /volume1/DVD/ - I can't add this as a source, nothing happens after setting the content.

However if I sylink /volume1/DVD/ to ~/ then I can add this fine.

I am obviously missing something very obvious.
Nope, if you're going to add local sources symlinking is the only way.

You really should instead use a network server to give your XBMC sources.
why do you need to add local sources ?
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
The-Boxhead Wrote:Nope, if you're going to add local sources symlinking is the only way.

You really should instead use a network server to give your XBMC sources.
why do you need to add local sources ?

xbmc is running on the same box as the content, it's a mac mini with a bunch of storage on usb.

I can understand using network sources to access the content from other xbmc clients on the network but not on a machine with local storage.

I appreciate your response Smile
if you are having usb disks they should be automounted in xbmc
as a source ready to use. (as long as there is a filesystem on the disk that can be mounted in linux, either in read or read/write mode)

i had some trouble in an older svn but read/write mounting works in recent svn
this thread has some info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47060
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
The-Boxhead Wrote:if you are having usb disks they should be automounted in xbmc
as a source ready to use. (as long as there is a filesystem on the disk that can be mounted in linux, either in read or read/write mode)

i had some trouble in an older svn but read/write mounting works in recent svn
this thread has some info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47060
Sure, they are automated on my box, I just can assign content to them so they get indexed for my library.

Not that I would want to anyways, as those disk contain content I wouldn't want to have indexed as well as content I would. Indexing the the whole disk would be a bad thing.

Does that make sense?
then u need to be sure that you dont use librarymode. To manually
browse content which is not added or scanned you must use filemode.

If you want to add say /volume1/DVD/
select the DVD folder trough videos filemode and bring up the contentmenu
by right clicking on the folder.

You have done as in the WIKI:
Add sources:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Adding_Media_Sources
and set content
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents_(Video_Library)

but im not sure i understand your question in the first place Smile
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
The-Boxhead Wrote:then u need to be sure that you dont use librarymode. To manually
browse content which is not added or scanned you must use filemode.

If you want to add say /volume1/DVD/
select the DVD folder trough videos filemode and bring up the contentmenu
by right clicking on the folder.
This is the part that doesn't work for me. I can't assign content to any folders on automounted usb device sub folders however I can assign content type to the same folders symlinked to my home directory

Let's leave it there, I'll live with symlinks
But for the sake of my piece of mind... Smile
could you enable debug logging and try enable a source ?
the psot the Debug Log on pastebin.
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
New related problem.

I have an ext usb disk mounted as /drivestation

As per original post, I add this as a symlink under /home/mythtv/

ln -s /drivestaion/DVD/TV_Shows

I set the content and my content gets indexed.

However new content isn't getting automatically scanned.

When I use the context menu in file mode in TV_Shows - no content is set. Setting the content immediately sets off a scan. This circle of events happens over and over again, add content, scan kicks off.

Afaik my sources.xml isn't being changed each time as the scrapper info isn't determined by there

<source>
<name>TV_Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">/home/mythtv/TV_Shows/</path>
</source>

So my question is, why would xbmc be 'forgetting' what content I have set for a folder?
Try to unset content (set content to None) and wipe all related items if asked for it. Then re-set the content and try again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Try to unset content (set content to None) and wipe all related items if asked for it. Then re-set the content and try again.
The content is already set to 'none' when I navigate to the folder in file mode.
Hmz, mind posting a full debug log?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Hmz, mind posting a full debug log?

sure

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1134165/xbmc.log.gz
No idea whats wrong tbh. You might try a more recent nightly build.
vdrfan Wrote:No idea whats wrong tbh. You might try a more recent nightly build.
Thanks for looking - I'll investigate nightly build

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding sources0