XBMC 22928 GL, can't use MediaStream skin?
Question 
Downloading and using 22928 GL, downloaded MediaStream 1.00 skin from Team Razorfish official site. But xbmc won't let me select this skin?? (it's greyed out).

Just had a thought, rather than creating a new topic for a small question.. I'd put it here:
How do you change res in XBMC win? The options only show 1080p fullscreen, or windowed. Im basically wanting to try 720p because Aeon is a bit slow on my system at 1080p.
Mediastream should work just fine in practically any version of XBMC.

Debug log file otherwise.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

PantsOnFire Wrote:Downloading and using 22928 GL, downloaded MediaStream 1.00 skin from Team Razorfish official site. But xbmc won't let me select this skin?? (it's greyed out).

Just had a thought, rather than creating a new topic for a small question.. I'd put it here:
How do you change res in XBMC win? The options only show 1080p fullscreen, or windowed. Im basically wanting to try 720p because Aeon is a bit slow on my system at 1080p.

This most likely means that XBMC thinks the skin is an incompatible version. Make sure there's a "skin.xml" file in the mediastream root folder. This has nothing to do with the SVN build.

EDIT: I should clarify...the only reason I know this is because it's happened to me 3-4 times. Every time, the solution has been to copy and paste a previous version of "skin.xml" into ".../XBMC/SkinOfYourChoice/". Not sure why "skin.xml" fails to download sometimes though...
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Change your <version> information in the skin.xml to 2.11

When set to the default with the later builds of XMBC it states it's incompatible.

Cheers!
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Don't change skin version, EVER, unless you know what you're doing. Recommending people fiddle with something they don't understand is silly.

Mediastream has always been v2.10, which is all it needs to be.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok fine, I'll keep it as it was.. but why then does it not work? Confused

I've tried the version renaming trick before and it resulted in a lot of broken skin - various textures were missing. -not much good at all.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
ashlar Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

bit condescending.

Look at the hits. Others are wondering too. Seems a bit naff to have to use an old version for a skin to be able to work.
So where's the log file?

I'd say you've been bitten by the locale bug and use some fancy-pants european locale :p

Try something after r23010, where it was officially fixed.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Indeed, I reside in GB.

Taking your advice I updated to 23329 (forsaking my lovely library Sad ) and put MediaStream in place. Ok it works, nice. But now I have another problem--

its stretched out of aspect, horizontally too wide. MediaStream was intended to go up to 1080p right? My screen res is 1920x1080.

And being the windows version, you can't pick many resolutions... all i have is 1080p Fullscreen or Windowed :-s

(dropping windows desktop down to 720 dosent help either- still stretched in xbmc MediaStream).
Try killing the PAL folder from the MS directory.

seems to work, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 22928 GL, can't use MediaStream skin?0