DVD Menu selection brings up OSD
Question 
(Apologies for cross-posting, wasn't sure if general help was the right place...)

Hello all - after upgrading to SVN revision 23164, I am now unable to select DVD/ISO menu items. When the "select" button is pressed, the OSD displays (as if the video was playing) rather than simply selecting the DVD menu item. In the stable build, selecting items in a DVD menu would not bring up the OSD.

Currently, I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 i386 on an ASROCK ION 330, using a Wii Remote through the XBMC Wii remote event client for a remote. I'm also using the default PMIII HD skin. I had the same problem on another PC I was using as a media center (also running 9.04 and using the Wii remote).

Incidentally, I have failed to find a keymap.xml file anywhere in my ~/.xbmc/ directory - so I have not been able to change the default Wii remote keymap. That said, I don't believe changing the keymap would help, as the default mapping is only to "Select".

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Log File: http://pastebin.com/m152f2a59
Searching around, I came across this bugfix:

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/20971

It sounds like I'm having exactly this problem - shouldn't it be fixed in this build? Should I submit a bug report?
Hi mate,

I hit the exact same issue, and worked round it by tweaking the /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.WiiRemote.xml file..

Essentially, I changed it so that one of the bottom buttons, acted like the DVD "select" button, and that seemed to work for me..

The bit I added is the highlighted line below.

<VideoMenu>
<joystick name="WiiRemote">
<button id="5">OSD</button>
<button id="10">Select</button>
<button id="11">AspectRatio</button>
</joystick>
</VideoMenu>

hth
Perfect!!! Thank you!
Please post this on trac so it can become the default.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Menu selection brings up OSD0