Auto-playing movies from DVD recordable, xbmc plays wrong movie! (surely a bug)
Question 
Hello all,

1) Using XBMC Win 23329 GL, I put a UDF DVD in the tray (auto-play is enabled, VIDEOS ONLY). Instead of playing the video on the disc, XBMC plays the first movie from my library!! (A Clockwork Orange). Can't work out the reason for this, but maybe someone can help?
Log:
http://pastebin.com/ff9e35a5

2) Play Disc: Using the latest AEON HITCHED (pulled using ASMUPDATE) Clicking Play Disc on the main menu makes XBMC load a picture slideshow! (nothing to do with the contents of the DVD)! It loads the first picture (0001.jpg) from an artwork folder I have on my HDD and continues with a slideshow! This is surely not supposed to happen! Laugh
Log:
http://pastebin.com/f12f84362

3) If I disable ALL auto-play and then hit PLAY DISC, nothing happens at all- surely it should still be playing the disc! Confused )
Log:
http://pastebin.com/f675e9103

The only thing I can see which all 3 logs have in common are:
Code:
# ERROR: Python script "special://home/scripts/autoexec.py" does not exist
# ERROR: Python script "special://xbmc/scripts/autoexec.py" does not exist

Is 23329 GL missing a file? (ps I also had this trouble many times before in other versions of Win XBMC).
Please file a new bug report.

Btw, the autoexec.py ERROR line is not really an error. I've committed some more verbose logging for the autoexec.py part in r23359 which will remove this log line.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Before I go and file a bug report, I need to be sure; is this a feature that *SHOULD* work in XBMC Win?

(playing UDF burnt DVDs) I ask because I know Live dosen't read UDF discs, nor did the XBOX version.

(the auto-play and 'play disc' features work perfectly as they should do when the disc is ISO).

EDIT: I've just checked the wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBMC
which says the only limitation of xbmc reading UDF dvds is that it can only read the first session of a multi-session disc. -none of my burnt DVDs have any more than 1 session on them.

Furthermore, I burnt a 'no multisession' DVD with nero, and the problem still exists.
I assume the video and pics which are shown are on your d: drive?
XBMC still can handle only the first attached dvd drive. If you don't have other drives or fake drives which get hit XBMC uses RunXboxCd() for UDF medias which isn't adapted yet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:I assume the video and pics which are shown are on your d: drive?
XBMC still can handle only the first attached dvd drive. If you don't have other drives or fake drives which get hit XBMC uses RunXboxCd() for UDF medias which isn't adapted yet.

Yes the videos and pics are on the D: drive.

I'm sorry but I didn't understand the following things you said regarding fake drives and RunXboxCD(). The part where you mention it not being adapted yet. Does that mean xbmc cannot read UDF then? Quite a big shame for me if it can't, because I have 90% of my movies on disc, and I'm not minted enough to buy multiple HDDs to house them. :-(

Regarding the potential of fake drives, multiple dvd drives, my system only has:
C: (system)
D: (media)
G: (DVD-RAM)

In OTHER, I also have "My Logitech Pictures" but that's to do with my webcam and I shouldn't think comes into it.
should be fixed in r23374
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
r23374; are you referring to a build yet to be released? The latest build I can find is 23366.

EDIT: Just tried 23366 GL on my laptop (1st ever install of XBMC on this XP machine).
The same happens, auto-play runs a slideshow of images. (it just so happened to be the 1st image on my d: drive), at:
d:\finished downloads\100 nature backgrounds\001.jpg

So the pattern is that it seems to be playing the 1st media file it comes across on the D: drive.
Is xbmc assuming that the DVD drive is drive d: perchance?

To test the pattern once more, I plopped the latest episode of The Office onto the route of the DVD drive and sure enough, xbmc plays this video when I put a DVD in.

Auto-play is definitely broken even in 23366.
That's a revision in SVN. You'll have to wait for someone to release a build of that revision or later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-playing movies from DVD recordable, xbmc plays wrong movie! (surely a bug)0