• 1(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
Thumbs Up 
Announcing a new mod of xTV - xTV SAF

Aim:

xTV-SAF is a AppleTV inspired skin for XBMC. It provides a very light weight minimalist gui while also allowing access to a number of advanced XBMC features not available in the original AppleTV interface. All this in a simple, Spouse Acceptable form (Factor).

Skin now available thru the XBMC Eden repo(1.2.2) ,XBMC Frodo repo (1.3.5) and XBMC Gotham repo (1.4.5) , skin wiki page is located here.

Download links

Google Code - xTV-SAF v1.2.0 XBox (Xbox only version of the skin). Development for the xbox has been taken over by aadc over at the Xbox XBMC forum ,please direct support questions for the XBox skin there.

To install on xbmc4xbox, unzip the contents of the zip file into the skin directory.

Development version of skin is available on the Passion Repo (Frodo and on only). See this post by ppic (thank you for adding the skin to the repo) for details on how to add the repo to your repo list. Once you have the repo installed on your system, navigate to the passion repo and then navigate to skin addons thru the settings/addons menu. Skin is listed as xTV-SAF (SVN). Hint this is the very latest version of the skin (skin updated each night at 2am French time), so there may be a few bugs but generally pretty stable.

Old Builds

Old builds that may be of use if you are running a very old copy of XBMC

Builds on my Google code page (0.95 to 1.2.0) A direct link to my download page on google code

Screenshots

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Skin Change Log
Quote:1.4.5 (Gotham only)
- Cleanup of a number of skin texture files.
- Changes to make skin Gotham compliant.
- further changes to skin navigation to improve consistency of navigation in settings screens.
- A number of minor bug fixes and performance tweaks.

1.3.5 (Last Frodo release)
- Reenabled tilting icons in List and Wall views, setting now accessable from "View-as" menu.
- New home menu type "Icon". User can now select from three home menu types
(Gen1 ,2 or 3 AppleTV home menu types).
- Removed all remaining redundant strings.
- Moved a number of common code blocks to the includes file to ease maintainabilty
and to slightly reduce memory footprint.
- Major code cleanup in prepartion for Gotham version of the skin.
- Rewrite File stacking dialog. Code was broken for a long time without anyone noticing,
thanks Ronnie (Transparency!) for borrowed code.
- Improved navigation and clean up of screen layout for music info screens.
- Navigation improved in a number of other screens and dialogs.
- New languages added, Canadian French and Swedish.
- Number of minor bug fixes

- Recoded Horizontal home menu to fix issue with losing focus.
- Allow user to select type of shelf icon(s) in horizontal home menu.
- Reworked horizontal home shelf icons to match our fruity friends a little more closely.
- Added support for Lyrics script.
- Added 4K flag image to support flagging of 4K videos.
- Added support for changing 3D mode in video OSD.
- Added support for weather provider icons.
- Added support for Next Aired TV Show script.
- Added support for MCE pvr dialogs.
- Added support for v4.0.0 of TV Tunes script, now plays theme in video info screen and plays movie themes.
- Added support to horizontal home menu screen for a custom watermark image in the lower right corner of screen.
- Reworked custom video info extras dialog, all extra options have been moved to this dialog and
strings updated to better describe each options action.
- Improvements to navigation between controls in a number of dialogs
- Four new languages, including Chinese, Dutch, Hungarian and Malay
- A number of image files have been updated and optimised.
- Numerous bugfixes and code optimisations.

1.3.3 - 0.7.0 Ancient history see change log for details
Thank you's

A VERY large thank you to all that have helped with the skin. Also a big thanks to CHI3f for the original xTV skin.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I put your mod on the xbox I have in the bedroom for my wife and she loves it!
It displaying on a 27in SDtv and looks great! Cool
Thanks again.
Haven't found any bugs yet!!Nod
Maybe just a small request:: I would like an option to have my tvshow in library mode
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]
Thumbs Up 
Big GrinMany thanks wyrm. As a dedicated and long term xTV user and fan it's great to have some tweaks to to improve the expirience on 4:3 CRT's (mines a standard 21").

Having the sligthly bigger font works great and I like the date and time and video OSD controls.

One request - can you have a hide toggle for the TV Shows in home screen - even with the 'TV shows in home menu' option deselected it's still appears in the home screen menu. I only have a few movies and lots of music on my NAS box.

Many thanks again Cool
wyrm Wrote:xTV SAF Download

An aside comment: Could all skin makers just go through the trouble to setup a google code account? MegaUpload, RapidShare, the like are annoying as all heck.

Typing in a captcha, wait while Firefox battles all the ads and popups, wait 60 seconds.
-
That said, my girlfriend loves the skin.
Ah people are using the mod, good.

darkscout - Sorry about the megaupload, just seemed to be what everyone used. Will try to setup a google code account later today and post to that instead.

sipart - Sorry never considered that anyone would not use the TV side of things. Will look at including in the next update. I personally found that anything that was not being used caused confusion for the wife and kids, thus the options to turn off menu items. Mind you there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

kautious - Not sure exactly what you are asking for. You know that you can turn library mode on from the context menu. Around here we use 'file' mode as I don't want to have the wife and kids having to figure out profiles and you can't seem to keep the sources (adult and kids) separate.

everyone - another update in a few days. Hopefully will have 'wall' view sorted (although very basic at this stage) plus a couple of bug fixes. Trying to make sure the user does not see any rough edges, but believe me there is a lot of junk (mine, not the original xTV teams) that I need to cleanup at some point.

translators - One of the cleanups will be renumbering strings as I have added strings all over the place and it's become a bit of a mess. Could people please PM me with translations as I'm sure Google Translate is telling me a load of crap with some of the translations.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

great concept .. I end up adding most of the stuff in (date/time)....

can you also include Fanart support for list view if its not included already ?

Thanks
batrad Wrote:great concept .. I end up adding most of the stuff in (date/time)....

can you also include Fanart support for list view if its not included already ?

Thanks

batrad, if Fanart was included in xTV release 2269, it will be there. Otherwise I intend to add a number of other peoples mods as I get a chance.

Some of the things I intend to add include:

• Some New file views
  • Redo the Skin menu so that it more closely matches the rest of the menus
  • Media flag icons on the views that it makes sense to include this
  • (not a big fan of this myself) Fanart thru out the skin where appropriate
  • Ipod Touch/iPhone style alpha scroll bar where appropriate
  • A number of small mods to increase the SAF of the skin (thus the name)
EVERYTHING will be user selectable from the skin menus, so that unless you want to change things, the skin will still look like xTV.

I have not at this stage even attempted to look after the higher res stuff, it's all 4:3 at this stage. This will change as I get a chance.

If anyone would like to see something else, a feature suggestion to this thread would be helpful. Next release due in a day or so.

Wyrm

wyrm Wrote:Some of the things I intend to add include:

• Some New file views
  • Redo the Skin menu so that it more closely matches the rest of the menus
  • Media flag icons on the views that it makes sense to include this
  • (not a big fan of this myself) Fanart thru out the skin where appropriate
  • Ipod Touch/iPhone style alpha scroll bar where appropriate
  • A number of small mods to increase the SAF of the skin (thus the name)
EVERYTHING will be user selectable from the skin menus, so that unless you want to change things, the skin will still look like xTV.

I have not at this stage even attempted to look after the higher res stuff, it's all 4:3 at this stage. This will change as I get a chance.

If anyone would like to see something else, a feature suggestion to this thread would be helpful. Next release due in a day or so.

Wyrm

Very glad to see xTV getting a little attention.

Nuzecast
http://htbackdrops.com (Home Theater Backdrops) offers a large collection FanArt Backdrops of Music Artist and Games, and it also has a good collection of Weather Backgrounds. Help contribute by uploading FanArt for your favorite Music Artist and Games so that others can enjoy it as well.
nuzecast Wrote:Very glad to see xTV getting a little attention.

Nuzecast

That's OK Nuzecast. Doing this mainly to keep the BOSS happy (does not hurt that I am learning some interesting stuff). Good to see people are finding it useful.

BTW, see first post as I have just posted a new release.

Next release probable in a couple of weeks due to large amount of work required to renumber strings and to layout NEW skin menus.

Wyrm

Been using xTV for a long time, thanks for the updates, bro!

Anyway, some quirks I found when applying the skin to my xbox:

1. Selecting on TV menu will go straight to file mode not TV library.
2. Pressing "back" button on the xbox remote for TV and Movies menu will go back to the parent directory not the xTv main menu.

A request though; for TV episodes view, can you include a watched overlay and wide list view something like this:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5553/sc...t000el.jpg (minus the fanart, ratings, media count, media/studio flags. Only TV show title, episodes #, season #, plot will be suffice)

Anyway, great skin and good job, love the minimalist look!
gobsmob Wrote:Been using xTV for a long time, thanks for the updates, bro!

Anyway, some quirks I found when applying the skin to my xbox:

1. Selecting on TV menu will go straight to file mode not TV library.
2. Pressing "back" button on the xbox remote for TV and Movies menu will go back to the parent directory not the xTv main menu.

A request though; for TV episodes view, can you include a watched overlay and wide list view something like this:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5553/sc...t000el.jpg (minus the fanart, ratings, media count, media/studio flags. Only TV show title, episodes #, season #, plot will be suffice)

Anyway, great skin and good job, love the minimalist look!

gobsmob, Thank you, I like the minimalist look too Wink. Will add the request to list of things to do. But, there is currently a watched overlay (green tick for watched, red dash for unwatched). Maybe not available in all views, will check this out. Just the same I don't like how that is implemented at present, so again on the list of things to do.

Now point 1. Temper this with the thought that I don't use library mode much as I don't want to explain to my five year old 'Why Dexter is dismembering that man'. In the skin menu there is a setting to use library mode for TV (was mislabelled as 'TV in home menu' in last version) . Select that setting to start TV in library mode (let me know if it does not, as it means that change did not make it into xTV SAF v0.75).

And point 2. Pretty sure that is the correct thing to happen (set by xbmc), but some people change the keymapping to change the behaviour. Having said that I don't like that just for the sake of the above mentioned five year old. I intend to include the option for a 'Home' button on all views in a latter release, but not until I have sorted out the strings/skin menu mess that I have created. That way if you don't like the 'Home' button, you don't have to have it.

Try the new release, and PLEASE keep the feed back coming.
Wyrm

Thumbs Up 
wyrm Wrote:gobsmob, Thank you, I like the minimalist look too Wink. Will add the request to list of things to do. But, there is currently a watched overlay (green tick for watched, red dash for unwatched). Maybe not available in all views, will check this out. Just the same I don't like how that is implemented at present, so again on the list of things to do.

Now point 1. Temper this with the thought that I don't use library mode much as I don't want to explain to my five year old 'Why Dexter is dismembering that man'. In the skin menu there is a setting to use library mode for TV (was mislabelled as 'TV in home menu' in last version) . Select that setting to start TV in library mode (let me know if it does not, as it means that change did not make it into xTV SAF v0.75).

And point 2. Pretty sure that is the correct thing to happen (set by xbmc), but some people change the keymapping to change the behaviour. Having said that I don't like that just for the sake of the above mentioned five year old. I intend to include the option for a 'Home' button on all views in a latter release, but not until I have sorted out the strings/skin menu mess that I have created. That way if you don't like the 'Home' button, you don't have to have it.

Try the new release, and PLEASE keep the feed back coming.
Wyrm

Wyrm,
Thanks for hearing me out. Regarding the watched overlay, my bad. It was actually there. I got mixed up with the other skin. Blush

Point 1. It's kind of weird me out. I have set it set it to show TV the menu on home screen. When I select it, it just go straight to "default TV source" (file mode) instead.

Point 2. I have used other skin as well like transparency! and minimeedia et al, I'm pretty sure that's the default behaviour while pressing the back button. It went straight back to the home screen, not the video library menu. Also, I use only the default keymap.

I totally get it for the sake of kid's p.o.v. Big Grin
Think about it, maybe you can put some option to hide the plot and the thumbnails too to avoid the kid's from asking too many questions. Wink
It's not clear how I set the script to use in the Home menu. I can toggle it but can't select a script to use.
wyrm Wrote:Release 0.75
- Changed 'TV shows in home menu' string to 'TV Button Links to Library' to more accurately show what it actually does.

Wyrm

Thanks alot for this!Nod
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]
taintedsushi Wrote:It's not clear how I set the script to use in the Home menu. I can toggle it but can't select a script to use.

taintedsushi, when you toggle to use a script on the home screen, scroll down to the next button and click. You should then see a dialog that shows all scripts in the main script directory. Click on the required script and the dialog will close and then show the script name in the menu button that you previous clicked. Go back to the home screen and you should see the icon for the script shown on the home menu. If you don't see your script listed, it's a bug.

If you have a bug, post back what OS (Xbox, Windows, Linux, Mac etc.) you are running and the version of XBMC you are running. Will try to investigate and fix.

Wyrm

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3