• 37(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
Wow you have been busy - loving the horizontal home menu, very nice.
I know it took a long time (sorry!) but I'm just confirming that the info button doesn't bring up anything when watching video on xbox. It works on other skins so isn't an xbmc4xbox bug. Other than that and the other few I mentioned previously I can't find any other bugs so well done!
Sharpe Wrote:Wow you have been busy - loving the horizontal home menu, very nice.
Sharpe,
Think of that as a proof of concept. I borrowed some code from Jezz_x (if you are going to borrow, borrow from someone good) and just messed with things to see how it would look. I think I will go thru and rewrite some of it to work better with what I'm trying to achieve (and do some proper images for it, current ones are pretty rough). Also it's missing a bit of code for now playing media and other niceties, but as a first draft not too bad. Still not sure about the SAF on it though, will have to test on the family and the AppleTV when a bit more stable.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
whufclee Wrote:I know it took a long time (sorry!) but I'm just confirming that the info button doesn't bring up anything when watching video on xbox. It works on other skins so isn't an xbmc4xbox bug. Other than that and the other few I mentioned previously I can't find any other bugs so well done!
whufclee,

Thank you, will add this to my todo list to check out. Will post a update of the skin for XBox to my svn after I have finished with new menu stuff. Sorry no point posting anything until the home menu and settings menus have settled down as they are the two parts of the skin that are different between XBMC and XBox builds. Things may look quiet for the XBox at the moment but when things happen they will happen quick.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Are you planning on adding something to theme the EPG in PseudoTV \ TV Time?

Also, where can I check out the latest repo version of the skin? I have the July 7 v1.1.1 release from the googlecode site, is there anything newer available?

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui Wrote:Are you planning on adding something to theme the EPG in PseudoTV \ TV Time?

Also, where can I check out the latest repo version of the skin? I have the July 7 v1.1.1 release from the googlecode site, is there anything newer available?

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpenguin,

While I have not to this point had a look at Pseudo... , now that I have moved the skin to 720p should be a minor issue to include skin support for these scripts. As a side note just finishing off the skin files for another very useful script that should appear the next time I make a svn push (next day or so I hope).

To get the latest repo version (will show itself as v1.1.2) follow the instructions in the first post of this thread for installing skin thru "Passion" repo. Passion watches my googlecode page and makes a updated repo zip every time I make a push to my svn (so this is the very latest, nightly, bleeding edge build of my skin ). If you want to look over my shoulder at what I am currently doing, this is the way to get my skin. Otherwise you will need to wait for my next official release (that will be v1.1.2) when I am happy with what I have. Thus far that means skin coded in 720p plus a couple of other little things that I am currently working on.

BIG hint, there are new settings in the skin settings menu, go have a play.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:To get the latest repo version (will show itself as v1.1.2) follow the instructions in the first post of this thread for installing skin thru "Passion" repo. Passion watches my googlecode page and makes a updated repo zip every time I make a push to my svn (so this is the very latest, nightly, bleeding edge build of my skin ). If you want to look over my shoulder at what I am currently doing, this is the way to get my skin. Otherwise you will need to wait for my next official release (that will be v1.1.2) when I am happy with what I have. Thus far that means skin coded in 720p plus a couple of other little things that I am currently working on.

BIG hint, there are new settings in the skin settings menu, go have a play.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I'm sorry, I thought the passion repo was still broken, so hadn't been installing it. I'll have a look later tonight. Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing the changes and to seeing your interpetation of the EPG in PseudoTV / TV Time, when you're able to look into things.

--bornagainpenguin
Finally thought I'd give xtv-SAF a go on my PC setup to see what you've been up to... I love the horizontal menu, I hope that can be ported over to the xbox too. Although it's not for me on my PC setup it's looking really good and I can't wait to try out your xbox friendly one. By the way I don't mean that in a bad way it's just that as my PCs got plenty of RAM and CPU power so why not use it on a skin with all the bells and whistles Big Grin Keep up the good work.
whufclee Wrote:Finally thought I'd give xtv-SAF a go on my PC setup to see what you've been up to... I love the horizontal menu, I hope that can be ported over to the xbox too. Although it's not for me on my PC setup it's looking really good and I can't wait to try out your xbox friendly one. By the way I don't mean that in a bad way it's just that as my PCs got plenty of RAM and CPU power so why not use it on a skin with all the bells and whistles Big Grin Keep up the good work.
whufclee,

Still need to work on this menu, I'm hoping to have it more AppleTV like, so a little way to go yet. Yes this will make its way to the XBox, but some of the addons stuff will not (sorry just not possible). At this stage I'm not sold on the new menu but I know there will be people who will be. You will also notice that the List view has changed a little as well. Now has media info shown the same as List2 view (user request that does not upset the Boss, so no affect on SAF).

Thus far I would say that there is a slight change to the memory usage (little less free memory I think, but early days yet, might be able to grab a bit back). I have not checked this, I might even be surprised and find things have improved.

BTW thanks for talking the skin up over at the other forum, but I don't think the new version will be out for a while yet. Lipo has not really started in on me and the skin yet, so the bug stomp may take a little while. Music side of things need a bit of a look as well, so a bit of work still ahead.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I have to admit I am impressed and gratified to see that the new version of the skin not only still looks good on my SDTV, it actually seems to look better than the previous version did! Did you do something with the fonts or add screen size detection to allow better scaling or something? Most of the other 720p skins seem to have left those of us with SDTVs behind, but this skin not only keeps right on working--it gets better!

Not completely sold on the horizontal bar just yet, mostly because I don't see my custom links (for TV Time 2.0 or PseudoTV) when viewed that way. Also I noticed that it took a few tries before the setting was "remembered" to be enabled and it often wanted to revert to being off. Of course this is beta, so I get to keep both pieces when where it breaks, right? Wink

Still with how much of a marked improvement I saw with regard to how the fonts rendered I am inclined to keep using the beta over the last stable release...

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui Wrote:I have to admit I am impressed and gratified to see that the new version of the skin not only still looks good on my SDTV, it actually seems to look better than the previous version did! Did you do something with the fonts or add screen size detection to allow better scaling or something? Most of the other 720p skins seem to have left those of us with SDTVs behind, but this skin not only keeps right on working--it gets better!
No just let XBMC do it's thing. My fonts are much bigger than most other skins so maybe that is part of what you are seeing. Heartening to hear that the move to 720p has not messed up SD. Main reason for the move is so I can keep up with the dev's and any changes they make(they don't believe in SD any more, so keep breaking my skin with their changes). Also means that I don't have to make as many changes when I borrow other peoples code.
Quote:Not completely sold on the horizontal bar just yet, mostly because I don't see my custom links (for TV Time 2.0 or PseudoTV) when viewed that way. Also I noticed that it took a few tries before the setting was "remembered" to be enabled and it often wanted to revert to being off. Of course this is beta, so I get to keep both pieces when where it breaks, right? Wink
Yep, the pieces are ALL yours. Horizontal menu is still a work in progress and is missing a LOT of stuff from the vertical menu, will be fixed in time. Yes, I have seen the "remembering" issue as well but not sure what is causing it. Code for that setting button was just a cut and paste job from elsewhere in the skin, so it should "Just work".

Just discovered the reason for the remembering issue, now fixed. Have pushed the fix and my current work on the skin to my svn, so will appear on Passion repo later today (well tomorrow really, 2am Paris time from memory). Still a bit of work needed on horizontal home menu, but a lot more useful now.
Quote:Still with how much of a marked improvement I saw with regard to how the fonts rendered I am inclined to keep using the beta over the last stable release...

--bornagainpenguin
It will only get better, so keep checking back to see the progress. Currently integrating Ronie's Global search into the skin, when I finish that will make another push to my svn (hopefully in a day or so). Have already made a number of improvements to home menu that will show up at this time, so stay tuned.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:whufclee,

Still need to work on this menu, I'm hoping to have it more AppleTV like, so a little way to go yet. Yes this will make its way to the XBox, but some of the addons stuff will not (sorry just not possible). At this stage I'm not sold on the new menu but I know there will be people who will be. You will also notice that the List view has changed a little as well. Now has media info shown the same as List2 view (user request that does not upset the Boss, so no affect on SAF).

Thus far I would say that there is a slight change to the memory usage (little less free memory I think, but early days yet, might be able to grab a bit back). I have not checked this, I might even be surprised and find things have improved.

BTW thanks for talking the skin up over at the other forum, but I don't think the new version will be out for a while yet. Lipo has not really started in on me and the skin yet, so the bug stomp may take a little while. Music side of things need a bit of a look as well, so a bit of work still ahead.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

nice...
good to hear that list view Now has media info shown the same as List2 viewLaugh

still concernig media info, it would be great if full screen video gui display video title, right now i have to exit full screen or use playlist screen to know the video title

about DialogContextMenu.
pm 3 looks ok
maybe you can see differences on debug log
http://pastebin.com/bvetYfze
lipo Wrote:nice...
still concernig media info, it would be great if full screen video gui display video title, right now i have to exit full screen or use playlist screen to know the video title
Lipo,

Had a bit of a play with PseudoTV last night with a mind to including the skin elements in my skin and noticed a couple of issues with the fullscreen gui as it currently stands. Now I don't think PsuedoTV will make it into the XBox build, but will be cleaning things up a little, so will keep your suggestion in mind when I do. Is there any other issues you have with the OSD that you think I need to look at?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Lipo,

Had a bit of a play with PseudoTV last night with a mind to including the skin elements in my skin and noticed a couple of issues with the fullscreen gui as it currently stands. Now I don't think PsuedoTV will make it into the XBox build, but will be cleaning things up a little, so will keep your suggestion in mind when I do. Is there any other issues you have with the OSD that you think I need to look at?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

i have to press right on visualization icon to see setting icon on fullscreen osd

this is more of a sugestion
i see differnce on video & music bottom full screen osd
it would be great if both were the sameSmile
maybe you can combine the two, so music osd also display time bar & video osd display media info
lipo Wrote:about DialogContextMenu.
pm 3 looks ok

maybe you can see differences on debug log
http://pastebin.com/bvetYfze
Lipo, no see the same thing in log, but I stand corrected (yet again). Please e-mail me the DialogContextMenu.xml file from pm3 for me to have a look at as I suspect that it is a very minor change between the two skins. Hopefully with the two files side by side I should be able to pickup what the problem is.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

• 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3