Donating
Firstly, let me just say that I don't want this thread to seem like I've started it just to get kudos for donating.

I've been using XBMC since ~2004 and since that time, I've seen it grow into an amazing piece of software. I use it daily to watch TV, movies and play music.

I started off on an xbox, which has only just been retired and replaced with an AppleTV.

It is awesome that such a piece of software can be written by such a dedicated team of people who only do so because they enjoy it.

I only wish that I could contribute in some other way, such as programming etc, but alas, I have no practical skills that would be useful to XBMC.

If you've used XBMC and continue to use it, and it is a part of your daily routine, or even if you only use it once or twice a week, please consider donating because the XBMC devs truly deserve every single cent that we can give them. I would like to have donated more than $50 today, however, due to being made redundant, it's all I can afford right now. Maybe once I get off my ass and get another job, I'll throw another $50 at the XBMC team.

Congratulations on everything you guys have done.

Cheers,

Jason.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
Thanks for the kind words, any donation is always appreciated. In fact, any show of support goes a long way.

Glad to hear you like the software as much as we do. Tell your friends Smile

TheUni
Sucks to hear about the redundancy (or, as we say in America, getting laid off), but kudos on donating. One great way to help is, as theuni says, to get out the word. Another is to keep an eye on the forums and try to help those newbies who haven't been around since 2004. Experience goes a long way.
theuni Wrote:Thanks for the kind words, any donation is always appreciated. In fact, any show of support goes a long way.

Glad to hear you like the software as much as we do. Tell your friends Smile

TheUni

I regularly tell my friends they need to stop using their PS3s and Xbox360s and get a REAL media centre Wink

natethomas Wrote:Sucks to hear about the redundancy (or, as we say in America, getting laid off), but kudos on donating. One great way to help is, as theuni says, to get out the word. Another is to keep an eye on the forums and try to help those newbies who haven't been around since 2004. Experience goes a long way.

meh, on to bigger and better things hopefully (in regards to getting laid off!).

I do try to help occasionally, will do my best to help more in the future Smile

cheers,

jason.
Trying to help clean up the afterbirth :laugh:
ewequeone Wrote:Firstly, let me just say that I don't want this thread to seem like I've started it just to get kudos for donating.

I've been using XBMC since ~2004 and since that time, I've seen it grow into an amazing piece of software. I use it daily to watch TV, movies and play music.

Cheers,

Jason.

I agree. Considering how well XBMC works it's definetaly worth a contribution, whether financial or technical. Even feature suggestions, systematic testing and issuing bug reports is a way to contribute.

Question: did you have to do anything to get the nifty red name on the forum? I donated USD 50 on 2009-06-13 through Paypal and asked to get the forum name / donor list update, but nothing happened (I also sent an inquiry to [email]donate at xboxmediacenter.com[/email]).

Johan
The guy that normally handles it has been AWOL for quite some time unfortunately.

We should be back on top of things for new donations now, but if you've donated in the past and wish to have your status known, please PM myself or pike.

Thanks for the donation Smile

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Thanks for the donation Smile

Jonathan

It's we who should be thanking for all the great work you put into XBMC. Especially the VDPAU support in XBMC has been a great driver for HTPCing on Linux.
I've been using your amazing piece of soft for years now, and I've donated recently too. Not much money but hope it helps. I know I should have donated long time ago, and now I ashamed for not doing it before Blush
But I've been using so happily the initial version 1.x on XBOX for years until now that I was scared of updating (believe it or not, it's true!) and so completely forgot the donation chance that was inexistent (as far as I can remember) at that initial stage.
I've updated XBMC now and... well... imagine how happier I am Rolleyes

Anyway, I'd like to point out a question I wasn't able to find in the forums (yes, I searched, sorry if I missed):
The donation process by Paypal was easy and apparently flawless, and the charge is reflected in my bank account, but what I missed was any kind of confirmation. I mean, I wasn't expecting a signed bunch of flowers at my house gate, and don't care about red letters in user name (don't want to offend those who like them either, I truly respect them and I understand the encourage function). But I´d really appreciated a page after the payment stating the donation was completed or a mail from xbmc.org with a receipt or something like. Maybe my fault, but all I had is the Paypal receipt, nothing more.

I modestly suggest improving donator confirmation system in such a way that donors could acknowledge their money have reached wherever can be useful for the project.

Thanks and keep good work !

P.D: Excuse my poor english, I'm spanish and it's not my mother tongue.
KKdevaK:

Thank you very much for the donation. Your points are noted, I'll be sure to look into them. Honestly, I've never stepped all the way through the donation process (I didn't set it up), so it's probably worth doing it start to finish to see what donors see. I'm sure there are some things we could improve. Also, donations of $50+ will earn you a 'donators' (nice english) membership on the forum, I'll ping pike about that.

TheUni
Thank you for your reply.
I know 'donator' may sound a bit like 15th century legal text edited by Terminator, but as I read it in other members status, I squeezed it in there Smile

My donation was more than $50 but due to the fact that was done prior to my forum registration (error) couldn't fill in the donation form with my forum username. As I said, don't want to bother you taking the time to colour my membership red.
However, if you feel convenient for your interests (AKA making the "everyone here is in red, should I donate?" effect works), I can PM you my Paypal transaction data to track and do 'painting job' Wink Just ask.
I'd like to say a little thank you as well to the team behind XBMC. I have donated some money but as already mentioned in this topic, some words of appreciation go a long way as well.

As a XBMC user from the first hour on the good old Xbox I have been enjoyed the functionality and usability from XBMC for years now. There is really nothing better out there. Only just recently I decided to upgrade my old Xbox to a newer entertaiment system with support for HD. I looked at the Popcorn Hour C200 but I couldnt imagine not having XBMC to control my media. So I decided to go with an ASRock ION-330HT BD with XBMC Live installed. I could not have been happier. The new version (9.11) looks awesome with the new skin Confluence and with the support given on the forums here I was up and running in no time.

Keep up the good work and hopefully my money will be well spend on making XBMC even better.
Thanks a lot for the kind words and of course the donation Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
XBMC was the reason for me to buy a XBOX long time ago!

Still running fine after a few mods.

Just replaced it by an Asrock! Terrific in one word.

Donated a couple of euros a few days ago.

Keep going on devs!! MCE comes no where near XBMC :-)

TOTAL freak here.
I just donated $25

Camelot is fantastic, I will be happy to donate another $25 with the next release too!

Keep up the great work.

I hope that PVR functionality makes it to 10.04!!!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I didn't see a better source of info on the donor forum tag.

I have been nothing shy of amazed at what the XBMC team has accomplished. I've watched a handful of dev communities before, and it's always fun to see what happens when a team of smart people get into a project for the love of it. Rockbox was so much better than what came on my iRiver; the Cyanogenmod team have made my phone so much cooler than the company behind the software that shipped with the device, etc. But even by those standard, what you all have been able to accomplish with XBMC is truly stunning. Not only did you see something and think about how you could improve it, you evolved that concept into something agnostic of hardware or platform, that can function as a complete UI with no need to call attention to the system running it, and built an exceptional community and knowledge base around it. Remarkable to say the least.

I am planning on donating, but more than $50 doesn't fit my budget at the moment, and I rather like the idea of the poster above me, donating a little more with each release. Something like that would not only fit my budget a bit better, but I like the idea of continual support for a product as I continue to use it (similar to a monthly Netflix membership or pledge to NPR, or an annual thing like Xbox Live or Pandora). It's my hope that by doing it that way I can have a greater cumulative donation over time anyway.

So my question is, is there a good way to track multiple donations, so that I can get that donor tag once I've given more than $50? And should I choose the non-anonymous option at time of donation? I don't really need my name listed anywhere, but I'd proudly rock a red handle in the forums to hopefully remind others to say thank you, with a donation if they are able. I'm going to donate either way and even if the tag isn't possible over multiple donations, it doesn't matter. I want to support because ou deserve it, not for the status. I just thought I'd get the info first in case there's anything I should do during the donation process that would make it easier should the tag be possible that way.

Thank you all so much for all your hard work!
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Donating1