problem building revision "22516"
Normally, I dont have any issues building the SVN. I read there were some instability issues with some of the latest builds so I read to stick with this revision.

I ran the svn up to this revision. Did all the apt-get for the required packages. ran "configure --disable-pulse". The build keep failing.

Here is a link to the build log
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
any help / suggestions on this would be appreciated.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
even after ditching my principles and going through that EVIL filesharing page, there is no mention of an error at all in the build log - in fact everything finishes and is happy.
sorry, paste bin wouldnt accept the file because it was too large. When i did a "sudo make install", all it mentioned was it couldnt find a xbmc.bin file? I thought everything compiled successfully myself.
all i can say is that there is no indication of any compile / link error in that log. it seems to happily link xbmc.bin
this only ever happened to me when i ran make with the '-j' option.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i did use "make -j2". I always run this option. When i get home from work, I can try to rebuild everything with out the "-j" and see what happens.
Can you tell me where you found this build? I'm a noob and a friend told me that 22516 is the most stable nightly build to run with a certain skin he is using, but I can't seem to find the download anywhere.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks... Big Grin
If you find that make fails with the -j flag it's best to run it again without.
This has always almost always solved it for me.
this time I ran the build without any "-j" flags and the compile did not complete sucessfully.

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/xbox'
g++ -O2 -O2 -g -D_DEBUG -Wall -o xbmc.bin -Wl,--whole-archive guilib/guilib.a guilib/common/gui_common.a guilib/tinyXML/tinyxml.a xbmc/xbmc.a xbmc/cdrip/cdrip.a xbmc/cores/cores.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dllloader.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/exports_utils.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDCodecs.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/Audio.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/Overlay.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/DVDSubtitles.a xbmc/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a xbmc/cores/AudioRenderers/audiorenderers.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/VideoShaders.a xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.a xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/musicdatabasedirectory.a xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/videodatabasedirectory.a xbmc/karaoke/karaoke.a xbmc/lib/libcmyth/libcmyth.a xbmc/lib/libhts/libhts.a xbmc/lib/libPython/python.a xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.a xbmc/lib/libRTMP/librtmp.a xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/scrobbler.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAhead-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/sqLite/sqllite.a xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/UnrarXLib.a xbmc/linux/linux.a xbmc/screensavers/screensaver.a xbmc/settings/settings.a xbmc/utils/utils.a xbmc/visualizations/visualization.a xbmc/xbox/xbox.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lXrandr  -lavahi-client  -lavahi-common -lfaac -lhal-storage -ldbus-1 -lcurl -lXinerama -lXmu -lXtst -lXt -lmms -ljasper -lenca -lresolv -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL -lsmbclient -lz -lsamplerate -lcdio -llzo2 -lpthread -lpcre -ljpeg -lpng12 -lrt -lasound -lmysqlclient -lsqlite3 -lfribidi -lbz2 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lvorbisfile -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -logg -lmad -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL   -rdynamic
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `CSMB::URLEncode(CStdStr<char> const&)':
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/FileSystem/FileSmb.cpp:277: undefined reference to `smbc_urlencode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
I followed this thread here and everything compiled. Hopefully the performance will remain the same as before Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56211&page=3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem building revision "22516"0