Force media information to update
Is there a way to force a media info update? Many of my videos are showing nothing more then then a title, running time, file path and plot summary.
Deleting the source, and cleaning the database does not pickup the current .nfo information. (meta info management is done in ember).
Should I wipe out my roaming folder and try reloading the files then?
(I hate waiting for the 100+ movies to reload)

Windows 7, svn 24195, I doubt hardware info is pertinent.

One probably important note is that I'm also running the Media Center, media browser add on, and using <meta> browser to update that. But deleting all files from a movie folder (except the movie), and then the movie from the xbmc library, then adding/updating/saving info in ember, and adding movie back into xbmc library and movie info is still not being correctly picked up.
Well after way more troubleshooting then i should have done. Looks like xbmc is using the xml file from meta browser and not embers .nfo.

Are their any file naming conventions i can use to get xbmc to look at the nfo first?

The xml is mymovies.xml
the nfo is movie.nfo
yay, this should be fixed now as of r24287.

Hope my xml's are still in my recycle bin. Smile

If there is no movies.nfo then it looks for the mymovies.xml.

Thanks spiff! :beer:
officeboy, was your problem fixed with r24287? If so, do you happen to have a compiled version of it that you could share? I can't seem to find a 3rd party compilation later than this revision to download and I seem to be having similar library problems.

Thanks,
jawgee
jawgee Wrote:officeboy, was your problem fixed with r24287? If so, do you happen to have a compiled version of it that you could share? I can't seem to find a 3rd party compilation later than this revision to download and I seem to be having similar library problems.

Thanks,
jawgee

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/
OK, nevermind. I was able to find a newer compilation here:

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

I'll see if it fixes my library problem where it seems like my movie.nfo files from Ember are being ignored.

Thanks,
jawgee
Rats! After uninstalling XBMC and then installing the latest build from the above site (r24368), I get the same behavior - only 30 out of my 336 movies show up in my video library. 336 is what shows up in the file list after I set up my video source.

I know I should write up this properly with log files, but I'm lacking the time at the moment. I'm just wondering if others (I have seen others write about this) are experiencing the same problem of a lack of library updating from movie.nfo files. I have spent hours with Ember meticulously updating my movie collection and it's frustrating to see only 10% of them show up in a fresh installation of XBMC.

It looks like I have two issues occurring here:

1) movies that show up in the file list that will only show up in the library after a manual update

2) movie folders that show up in the file list with no movie files inside of them (?!?!)

The second problem is more disturbing to me. I'm using Junctions right now to create a custom directory of movie folder links on my media server. I've I navigate through those links on my HTPC, I can get to the files, but for some reason, XBMC is only seeing the folders. It only seems to happening to movies physically located in two different folders on the same physical drive...hmmm...I will have to do more research into this.

Thanks,
jawgee
Quick observation...the only movies that showed up after I scanned for new content are DVDs with the VIDEO_TS folder structure. I have a mixture of different video files...ISO, IMG, .mkv, .avi...but for some reason, only the DVDs with a folder structure showed up.

It also appears that movie.nfo files are not getting priority over some older .xml files that I had in some of those DVD movie folders. I can tell as the movies with the xml files are missing meta data info (resolution, audio, file type) from the library descriptions. I thought this was supposed to have been fixed by this release?

Thanks,
jawgee
try deleting the db file and redoing.

i'm currently having a similar issue...

i updated the fanart that was downloaded and changed some movie titles in ember. in order to fix those changes i had to delete the file and reload. the only consolation is that the nfo's makes the scan WAY quicker.

it would be nice to refresh without exiting or deleting...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force media information to update0