Stacking changes in recent SVN
XBMC is stacking too much stuff for me. For example, it's stacking all my Coldplay files into ".mkv" Sad
Code:
ls -d Coldplay*
Coldplay.at.the.BBC.2008.720p.HDTV.x264.mkv
Coldplay(Grammys.2009).720p.HDTV.x264.mkv
Coldplay.Live.720p.x264.AC3-2.0
Coldplay.Live.At.MTV.World.Stage.2009.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264.mkv
I don't have any stuff that would need stacking. Can I completely disable movie stacking?

I'm running r24352 on linux
Check your settings or the wiki. You can disable stacking.
The expressions that are in SVN right now are too greedy. AlTheKiller has a very nice patch in progress which will mean that things will work much, much nicer. I believe it will be ready fairly soon.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi,
I currently have all of my movie files in a single folder, but XBMC seems to want to stack movies which do not go together!

For example, it stacks Raging Bull (1980).avi with Rain Man (1989).avi to create a new entry, C®OOK, which it gets by searching TMDB for "R".

Similar things have happened with Fanboys and Fargo, The Dark Knight and The Day After Tomorrow, Saving Private Ryan and Schindlers List, Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek - The Motion Picture and Valkerie and Van Helsing.

I am using SVN 24368 on Windows.
Is there any way I can switch off stacking in library mode? (all my movies are single files). I would like to avoid creating individual folders for each film if possible.
fixed in svn, should be an alpha out soon
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks for the quick answer!
i notice that

the default stacking algorithm only supports 4 CD/dics, what is the reason behind this reduction?

m_videoStackRegExps.push_back("(.*?)([ _.-]?(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[1-4a-d]+)(.*?)(\\.[^.]+)$");

i have movies that are made up upto 7 discs

m_videoStackRegExps.push_back("(.*?)([ _.-]?(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[1-9a-i]+)(.*?)(\\.[^.]+)$");

That would be more valid.. any thoughts?
After pulling half of my hair off, I give up.
What do I have to do to make XMBC stack files named
00001.ts
00002.ts
, which is the 'modern' VDR recording format, or
001.vdr
002.vdr
, like the recordings I have from old VDR version are.

I've tried something along the lines of
<regexp>(00)([0-9]+)()()</regexp>
with no success.
Eh, my advancedsettings.xml turned out to be in the wrong folder...
Using
(00)([0-9]+)()(\.vdr|\.ts)
for now.

BUT: Isn't library mode also supposed to stack the movies? Now I still get a separate library entry for each file, stacking only works in file mode.
You have gone bracketing mad. You want the first bracket set aka match to capture the string you want to stack.

You cant just use brackets in REGEX where you feel like it Smile

Try this:

<regexp>0+(\d{1,2})\.(?:vdr|ts)</regexp>
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Howdy folks! this is not really a thing I can post a log about before I continue.

I updated to alpha 2 from Rev23268-gl, and now in my movie lib, multi part movies are no longer showing as one movie. If it has 2 parts, it will show 2 movies (each one being each part)

Is this a new "feature"? and how do I change it back to how it was before?

No other probs with this build, good stuff.
all depends on how the files are named.

the regexp format has changed.. it needs 4 captures now.

stacking should work in library mode, but only if stacking worked in filemode when the files was scanned.

elupus Wrote:the regexp format has changed.. it needs 4 captures now.

Thanks for pointing that out. The wiki shows the matching methodology is COMPLETEY differernt now:

"As of r24405 video stacking regular expressions must contain exactly four (4) capture expressions. Old one and three capture expressions are dropped (see log). Adapt them if you still need them. They are (Title)(Volume)(Ignore)(Extension). Files are considered stackable if all fields match except Volume. The stack name is then created by concatenating the Title, Ignore and Extension fields. Comparisons are still performed case-insensitive. "

This new regex will match (0+)(\d{1,2})()\.(vdr|ts)

however it explains the bracketing in the OP.

Can i suggest that if you scanned the library with the old stack or lack of stack refinement to have the movies now stack you must remove the, all from them library and start again.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacking changes in recent SVN0