Enabling audio over HDMI in Xbmc Live (not linux)?
Hi... I just got XBMC live running on a PC I had sitting around. 1080p with VDPAU on the GT220 looks great, but for audio, it would be great to get audio over the HDMI connector... I've read some of the posts here and looked over the wiki and I'm not sure how to do this.
Any help would be appreciated as I know nothing of Linux.. Laugh
If it makes a difference, I installed the live CD to a flash disk with storage space, so config changes are saved.
D'oh, actually it looks like what I need to do is enable audio out via SPDIF on the audigy 2 i put in the computer.
My receiver is older and does not have HDMI input, but my hdtv is a visio with an optical out.. I assumed that would be active for the HDMIs but the manual says it just uses the optical out during DTV.
Sooo to get 5.1 I need to figure out how to get the Audigy 2 and SPDIF working... any hints there? Currently the audio is going out over the motherboard's audio connectors but it is a crappy mobo with no digital output.
If there's not a way to do this, tell me what sound card I need to buy to make this work please, lol.

edit: i may be gettin a new receiver soonish anyway though if someone can answer the original question..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling audio over HDMI in Xbmc Live (not linux)?0