IceCast/IceCast2 streaming support
what about support of icecast radios?
i'd love it, how many others out there?

byez
i think it would be very nice if xbmc also could play ogg streams from icecast. that is playing from an url like http://username:password@server/example.ogg

it could also be nice if we could keyin the url directly in xbmc and save it in a stream folder or so under my music.

thank for the most usefull thing on xbox ;-)
suggested before for xbmp and main problem then was that there doesn't seem to be any c/c++ open source icecast clients
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
there is now, but you must know this. examples can be mentioned: mplayer, videolan (vlc), ogg123, xmms - they all play back ogg vorbis streams from the internet.

i'll just say this: this feature is something that would kick-start xbmc quite a way into the future, for me and a lot of other people that no longer settle for mp3.
icecast internet radio stream reception (ogg) offical xbmc feature request on sourceforge.net (link)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ogg streams are supported now. create a textfile, put the link to the ogg file in it, nameit whatever.strm and play it (only recent codebase supports it ofcourse).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IceCast/IceCast2 streaming support0