[Linux] Zotac IONITX N230/N330 noise levels
Question 
Hi All, trying to decide between the Zotac N230 and N330 (Ebuyer currently selling both - £10 difference):-

To those of you with the Zotac IONITX-C, does it run ok without any active cooling (i.e. virtually silent)?

And to those with the Zotac IONITX-A, do/would you find the fan noise acceptable in a quite room?
hi

i had tested the ionitx b (singlecore) and the ionitx D (dualcore) in my
silverstone ml02 case

in both cases, i needed a single fan to cool down the cooling unit from cpu/gpu.

Without fan, it was so hot, that the cpu/gpu was slowing down the frequency and the picture was by only 10 - 15 fps.

With a fan on top of the tooling unit it was perfect by 25 fps in both cases.

If you have a very small case without a goot airflow, you´ll need the fan.

The zotac fan, wich is delivered with the boards, is a little bit noisy. But by Playback musik or movies, i cant hear it so it is okay.

if you have a bigger cpu case, you can change the fan with a silent one....
Thanks for your help. Well, if I can't run the N230 silently, then I guess the N330 is a 'no brainer' (at only £10 more)...

BTW, I've just ordered the M350 Universal Mini-ITX case which appears to be well ventilated.
I have the ionitx "D" in a M350 case, the fan really isn't that bad, however I have a hate for fan noise so i bought a cheap fan controller and now you can't even hear the fan and still keeps it cool, around 45 deg C max.. The hard drive makes more noise than the fan does...next step soild state!
thumger Wrote:Hi All, trying to decide between the Zotac N230 and N330 (Ebuyer currently selling both - £10 difference):-

To those of you with the Zotac IONITX-C, does it run ok without any active cooling (i.e. virtually silent)?

And to those with the Zotac IONITX-A, do/would you find the fan noise acceptable in a quite room?

I have the A version, and i've got it in a universal M350 case, which is littered with holes all over it (looks like a cheese grater, all in the name of cooling) and with a fujitsu laptop hard drive it it, I can just BARELY hear it when i sit 2 3/4 feet from it (less than 1 meter) any further, and it's 100% silent. It will be even quieter however when I get my SSD in next week.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Guys how about the WiFi .. can it deliver 1080p content on WPA2 encrypted wireless network?
Smile 
Thank you everyone for your help, much appreciated Big Grin. I went with the 'IONITX-A' in the end (should arrive today Smile).

For anyone torn between the single and dual core, these links may also help you decide:-

"Incidentally, I got a zalman fan mate 2 for my ion A, lowered the voltage to 5v and it runs effectively silent from a distance of a metre away"

"Even with the low-profile cooling fan installed and spinning, the IONITX kit was silent, as in no noise at all"

Project [Zotac N330 + Zalman Fan + M350 Universal Case + loads of nice piccies]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Zotac IONITX N230/N330 noise levels0