*NOOB* Updating
Hi I come from a long line of XBMC on xbox usage so the update process was simply, overwrite the files and reboot.

Now I have XBMC Live Installed on my HDD and things are far different.

I have wanted to install Alpha releases (now the beta) but I havent found any information that made sense to me.

When the Final release is out will the update process be simply an aptitude run or will it be more involved?

Sorry for the NOOB questions.

Huh
there are a thousand guides on here for linux....

once you follow them, simply "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y"
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Evanrich Wrote:once you follow them, simply "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y"

Cool, so that'll update to a beta version or just the stable versions? Just so I know if i need to wait.
I guess this guide is still valid: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50793 ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
I have a similar question.

If I am running XBMC Live (which I am - installed onto an internal HDD) can I only run a specific update for the XBMC Live version or can I update to a Linux alpha/beta build?

I want to get Rapier to work properly with backgrounds and at the moment it doesn't.
Evil Derboy Wrote:I have a similar question.

If I am running XBMC Live (which I am - installed onto an internal HDD) can I only run a specific update for the XBMC Live version or can I update to a Linux alpha/beta build?

I want to get Rapier to work properly with backgrounds and at the moment it doesn't.

Depends on what PPA's you go for...if you follow the guide for "bleeding edge", then you'll get up-to-the-minute SVN builds...otherwise you'll get the once a-day or so PPA builds. If you choose neither, then you can try updating once a new live CD is built....once every 5-6 months. go follow the guide.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
*NOOB* Updating0