Synchronous Audio/Video
Hello altogether

I have a possible issue and would like to gain some information about it.

If I bought a Philips TV (42", Full-HD ....)

and the ASROCK ION 330.

The video signal would be connected to the TV via HDMI but as NVIDIA does not support audio signals using HDMI I would need to use the SPDIF-out and connect it to my Bose audio set.

And the question now is, will MKV movies be synchronous in sound and video?
What is it depending on?

I am thankful for any help given.
IIRC the nVidia ION chipset definitely supports audio via HDMI. What OS are you using, did you install the correct drivers? Did you configure the audio pass-through device in XBMC to be HDMI? Are the volume settings correct?
Well, yes ION does support that in general, but it is not working with Philips TVs. There are hundreds of people sharing this issue with me.
If you have look at the release info from Nvidia you will find following passage:

The NVIDIA driver attempts to identify such displays and automatically disables the
audio. For example, the NVIDIA driver disables HMDI audio for all Philips HDMI
TVs, as these have been identified as having issues with current NVIDIA graphics
cards.

http://www.nvidia.de/object/win7_winvist...ql_de.html

So, I am rather interested if it would work by using a separate output for audio.
Some able to help?

Thanks.
I am not certain I understand the question but XBMC will ofcourse sync to whatever audio output we have, so long as the hardware and drivers are reporting good enough latency you will never notice any delay or sync failure between audio and video.

IIRC we do support in OSD to alter the latency incase the drivers are really weird or the source is wrong (i.e corruptish file). In your case as I guess your worries stems from, is if your reciever has a rather big delay, you should be able to use OSD to sync this up nicely, this isnt possible with visualization and music though but its a planned feature.

All in all, as I understand your question you shouldnt worry about it, XBMC will sync.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synchronous Audio/Video0