xbmc 9.11beta force nvidia driver > 190?
i have got problem on karmic x86_64 xbmc 9.11 beta and nvidia driver 185, with vdpau output i get only artifact, latest 190 (upgraded with ppa:nvidia-vdpau) fix the problem, but 190 series has a known problem with multichannel audio (always downmixed to stereo)
some one have tested the new 195?
HTPC: Zotac ION 330 on Linux Gentoo/Ubuntu BD Remote (bdremote-ng) 20x4 USB LCD
Kali Wrote:i have got problem on karmic x86_64 xbmc 9.11 beta and nvidia driver 185, with vdpau output i get only artifact, latest 190 (upgraded with ppa:nvidia-vdpau) fix the problem, but 190 series has a known problem with multichannel audio (always downmixed to stereo)
some one have tested the new 195?

as far as i can see the 195 beta drivers are windows only. i can comfirm the 185 driver has problems on unbuntu 9.10, i had to update to 190.42 but then had refresh rate problems, on panning scenes the screen would have glitches. going to reinstall 9.04 tomorrow. i would suguest leave karmic for now, looks like it just too new.
195 are actually out on the nvidia homepage. Prior to install shut down xserver and apt-get your current kernel sources. Might also want to purge the old nvidia drivers! Works fine for me so far on 195.
firaX Wrote:195 are actually out on the nvidia homepage. Prior to install shut down xserver and apt-get your current kernel sources. Might also want to purge the old nvidia drivers! Works fine for me so far on 195.

well, i cant see the 195 drivers on nvidia, at least not for my ion
the problem is the latest version of xbmc, alpha1 work well with karmic and 185
190 series have a serious bug with lpcm and this affect also DD TrueHD (there is no bitstream support on linux), and is related to the nvidia driver (affect also jaunty)

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_displ...95.22.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_displ...95.22.html
Does XBMC even support TRUEHD? I've got a Yamaha RX-465 reciever which supports it, and I'm using HDMI cables to send audio to my receiver, I've played a bluray rip (.ts) that had TrueHD audio, and my receiver only showed DTS or DD... I didn't think think that that support was in yet?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
yes, ffmpeg decode DD TrueHD and send LPCM to your receiver (MultiChannel)
there is no DTS MA decoder and only the DTS core is played
found the problem, with 185 HQ scaling need to be disabled
back to 185 Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=445447

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc 9.11beta force nvidia driver > 190?0