HOW TO install XBMC 9.04 on Karmik
Question 
Hello! I have two partitions in my media center.

The first one has Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 with XBMC 9.04 and it works fine. After updating to XBMC 9.11 Alpha 1 the menu was too slow, so I decided to downgrade to XBMC 9.04 (just changing the PPA's). And know it works fine again.

I have another one partition with Ubuntu Karmik 9.10 and XBMC 9.11 Alpha 1. But the menu works too slow, and I don't know how to fix this problem. May be this version of XBMC is unable to work with my video card (nVidia fx5200, using nvidia-glx-173 driver). So, I should like to install XBMC 9.04, if possible, in Karmik.
But I can't find PPA's for Karmik with this version of XBMC. If I try Jaunty PPA's o just jaunty .deb packages in Karmik, I get many dependencies errors.

Is it possible to install XBMC 9.04 on Karmik?

Thanks! Smile (and sorry for my English)
It sounds to me, the better aproach would be to see if you can get help with your slow menus. See the sticky on reporting problems in a useful manner and try and get a debug log while reproducing the issue. Maybe a forum search will also yield results, I seem to remember this issue having come up before.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi, again!

I have been reading many posts about this issue. And I haven't found any option to fix it in my case. But I have seen that this version of XBMC (9.11) has minimum requirements for video cards, and I mean that it only supports cards using nvidia-glx-185 driver. Unfortunately my card does not work with this driver.

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO install XBMC 9.04 on Karmik0