Wall View + Beta1 = Crashing
I recently upgraded xmbc to the latest Beta1 build.

If I use the new confluence skin, the wall/poster view displays fine. However, with Aeon, everytime I change to the wall view, xbmc crashes on me. My first thought was a driver issue. But this is happening on my home machine, and 2 different laptops as well.

Is anyone using the latest Beta1 build capable of viewing the Wall view in any of the Aeon Mods?
Same issue here.
First post :-)

same here. I just started my first ever media center and I absolutely love XBMC! Aeon is the best skin, no doubt, but it crashes a lot, unfortunately. I tried Spark, Hitched, Auriga, Aeon65 and Showmix with the new Beta and all of them seem very unstable, crashing randomly but most of the time while getting in or out of the config session. It's frustrating because I LOVE this skin and I wish it was working stable on the new beta. I'm using Confluence for now, which is a great skin and EXTREMELY stable under the new beta but hoping that one day some of you, Aeon heroes, will track down this bug that's pestering this amazing skin. I'm moving to a new home so I'm packing my PC for now but I promise to try to help by trying to reproduce some of those crashes, logging everything I can.

Thanks for all the effort and the beautiful work done so far!
-Kris
antropus Wrote:First post :-)

same here. I just started my first ever media center and I absolutely love XBMC! Aeon is the best skin, no doubt, but it crashes a lot, unfortunately. I tried Spark, Hitched, Auriga, Aeon65 and Showmix with the new Beta and all of them seem very unstable, crashing randomly but most of the time while getting in or out of the config session. It's frustrating because I LOVE this skin and I wish it was working stable on the new beta. I'm using Confluence for now, which is a great skin and EXTREMELY stable under the new beta but hoping that one day some of you, Aeon heroes, will track down this bug that's pestering this amazing skin. I'm moving to a new home so I'm packing my PC for now but I promise to try to help by trying to reproduce some of those crashes, logging everything I can.

Thanks for all the effort and the beautiful work done so far!
-Kris

no problems here showmix SVN:155, think you have a software install problem, or by "config" you mean the main setting screens. then it not a problem with wall view, just that aeon has too many option for the current xbmc skinning engine to cope with
andyblac Wrote:no problems here showmix SVN:155, think you have a software install problem, or by "config" you mean the main setting screens. then it not a problem with wall view, just that aeon has too many option for the current xbmc skinning engine to cope with
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, by config I mean the setting screens. And yes, my post is more about Aeon+Beta1=crashing, not that much about wall view. I just wanted to register it here so we can try to track those bugs together :-)
andyblac Wrote:no problems here showmix SVN:155, think you have a software install problem, or by "config" you mean the main setting screens. then it not a problem with wall view, just that aeon has too many option for the current xbmc skinning engine to cope with

As I'm not the most familiar with svn. What's the best method to use to obtain/check out the latest build? I had used the update script to obtain the ShowMix skin from github. Would that also be the lastest version?

My current version crashes quite often on 3 different pc's, thus I'm pretty sure its not hardware issues.
ptmuldoon Wrote:My current version crashes quite often on 3 different pc's, thus I'm pretty sure its not hardware issues.
Same with my random crashes: I tried on my Dual Quadcore 8GB+nvidia+x64, on my Quad Core 2GB+ATI+XPpro and on my laptop DualCore AMD64 4GB+nvidia and all crash randomly and often, so I'm sure it's not the hardware/OS. Again, Confluence runs smooth as silk in all of them, just not as pretty :-)

-Kris
I downloaded the latest stable 2.5 from signature link in andyblac's post from sourcforge and it seems more stable, with the wallview working well. I really like this skin the best too.

I only wish the TVShows supported wide banners, but I believe I ready Andy feels its not part of the skin's theme/style.
I downloaded the latest stable 2.5 from signature link in andyblac's post from sourcforge and it seems more stable, with the wallview working well. I really like this skin the best too.

I only wish the TVShows supported wide banners, but I believe I ready Andy feels its not part of the skin's theme/style.
Yeah showmix 2.5 fixed it. Anyone els having fonts that are too large on the home menu ?
Yes, I'm having large fonts as well with the Aeon_Standard font. I changed it to the Korean font, and that one seems ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wall View + Beta1 = Crashing0