Printing Support?
I've had an idea bouncing around my head for awhile and wondered what you all think. I thought it might be kinda neat to add rudimentary printing support into XBMC and really make it stand out with a unique feature. The idea would be to allow printing directly to a photo printer for photos and possibly widen to to allow printing from scripts and such so you could say purchase and print a movie ticket or print a plot synopsis or something directly from your couch.

The biggest problem I see with this is though I'm fairly confident I could implement this for windows specifically I probably couldn't do it platform-independent and probably wouldn't be great at doing it in Linux or Mac.
If anyone thinks it might be a good idea I could take a stab and implementing it over my winter break.
Any progress? My wife is actually wanting this feature Big Grin And I think it would be a good inclusion also.

I'm thinking along the line of a Pharmacy type printing station, where I can just sit and browse through my pictures, hit a print button, and out pops a nice 5X7, (or whatever size you choose to set up)

I use XBMC a lot when family is visiting to view pictures (mostly they just watch the screensaver slideshow) and this would be nice when my sister says, "wait, I don't have that picture!"
Well, I didn't see any Feature Request on Trac, so I created one.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8979

Maybe this would work better as a plugin? Anyone worked on anything like this?
I would love a printing feature, not only for pictures, but maybe for the plot, actors, or even fanart. What about a webcam live shoot, even a random one, like take a picture of your friends when the sacry monter comes out in some movie.

But maybe the pictures printing feature already suggested is the best possibility.

I bet is a hard thing to do, but is it really imposible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Printing Support?0