No video Playback for xbmc 9.10+
I have just upgaded ( last night ) my ubuntu version from 9.04 to 9.10.

Everything went smoothly ( i believe ) and i installed at first the stable realease of XBmc.

Nothing worked then i forgot i had to install the ati drivers like 9.04.
So i found the newest version for my HD 3200, version 9.11 and installed it.

Outside of XBMC the video is working perfectly using VLC. ( didnt try anything else )

Loading XBMC everyhing loads perfectly. Pictures load and display ok, Sound plays correctly.
Video, well there it show a black screen that turns to blue green red brown, a few colors. Nothing showed correctly though just one color. The video is played correctly as the sound from the video is coming through.

i have done some changes here and there and i managed to see video but it was well black-white and brown quality. No others colours in there.

But some more changes took me back to the black screen that doesnt show correctly.

I have tried the above in the latest stable version, when it didnt work i have tried installing the beta2 but encountered the same problems exactly.

I will be posting some more details later on when i get home.
But for now, does anyone have any idea what is going on ?

thanx
logs. nobody gains anything from speculation here.
Logs : http://www.stevoo.com/xbmc/

It seems that xbmc crashed when i am trying to close it down and causes that crashlog to appear
the selected renderer is not compatible with your hw for some reason - i no idea what renderer 7 even is. try playing with the renderer setting in the video settings.
spiff Wrote:the selected renderer is not compatible with your hw for some reason - i no idea what renderer 7 even is. try playing with the renderer setting in the video settings.

It seems you are absolutely right :
Advance Shaders (GLSL)
VDPAU

This two shaders seem to be failing to work

Tried to read the log but with no exp i failed to see it

Code:
choosen scaling method 7, is not supported by renderer

thanx Big Grin
everything seems to be working for now.
cool.

vdpau is nvidia only so no surprise there. i'm surprised that the glsl shaders doesn't work though. not that there's anything wrong with using the arb ones.
Weird as I'm having the exact same issue on my Windows box.

ATI HD3000 + 9.11B2 OpenGL version, everything works perfectly, but screen flashes blue/red/brown....

An SVN DX version works wonderfully. I'd just like to get this issue sorted for when GL is the sole supporter in the later builds.
lol doolie, other way around. dx is the only one we support on windows. and it's not really surprising, the drivers probably share 95% of the code on windows and linux.
spiff Wrote:lol doolie, other way around. dx is the only one we support on windows. and it's not really surprising, the drivers probably share 95% of the code on windows and linux.

Really?!?! I could have sworn that I read OpenGL will be the official supported platform for windows and 9.11+, maybe I read that about linux instead!

Thanks for the clarification Tongue.Eek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video Playback for xbmc 9.10+0