Return to "now playing" media, MCE remote?
Hmm interesting. Thanx the program, i tried out, but for example if i put the turn off button , the program don't recognize it, or the color buttons for the teletext, the red, yellow , green and blue. why is this?
and what is the difference the appcommand and the keyID ?
thanx a lot.
@Ghostika: remote controls sometimes work by sending keystrokes, i.e. they appear to Windows as a keyboard, and sometimes they send IR codes. My ShowKey app only shows keystrokes so it won't show anything if the turn off and colour buttons send IR codes.

If the remote is fully MS compatible you can configure it to send keystrokes. See http://www.ratsauce.plus.com/mceremote.zip for the details.

The appcommand is a message sent internally by Windows to do various multimedia operations. Some remote controls send an appcommand message, which is why ShowKey displays these messages. The XBMC builds on my website should respond to all appcommands. The official RC1 responds to most appcommands but is missing a few of the less important ones.

JR
@TonyNoone: if you put the changes in the:

<keymap>
<global>

section do they work then?

JR
@TonyNoone and jhsrennie

I think i know why it doesn't workSmile
It is easy, our windows don'trecognise the remote as remote, it recognize like a keyboard. I tried out that i changed the keymap.xml in the global keyboard part and if i do changes there, the program realise it. A tried it out after i searched for the registri entry in the regedit, what rennie wrote in the readme.txt and I don't founded it. So I think this is wh for Tony and for me doen't work the changes in the keymap-global-remote section.
Tony try out you to that change the keyboard part of the keymap, i think it will work for you too.
I tried out a lot of changes.
For example if i put the button 1 on the remote it said <1></1> and in the keymap there is only <one></one> and if i add the <1> , the XBMC crash and don't want to start until i delete it Big Grin
So i'm stucked. Smile

Other, I'm started to wondering that my remote is an MCE remote, how can I figure that one out? :$
Ghostika Wrote:I tried out a lot of changes.
For example if i put the button 1 on the remote it said <1></1>

Ah, oops, that's a bug in the ShowKey program. <1> is not a valid tag and it should be <one>, <two>, and so on. I'll fix ShowKey today.

If your remote does not have the registry key mentioned in the ReadMe then it isn't fully compatible with the Microsoft remote. Cheap remotes tend to emulate a keyboard instead, just as you have found. Modifying the keyboard.xml file (keymap.xml in earlier versions of XBMC) is the correct way to get the remote to work.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:@TonyNoone: if you put the changes in the:

<keymap>
<global>

section do they work then?

JR

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to muck around much this week. Anyways, I tried last night to place the new mapped commands within <global>, before <remote>. Still no love.
So is there a button in the newer versions that works with MCE remotes to get back to teh show now?
gipper Wrote:So is there a button in the newer versions that works with MCE remotes to get back to teh show now?

I've lost track of where we are with this thread. Gipper, what do you need the remote to do?

JR
On the old original MCE "Teletext" does this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Return to "now playing" media, MCE remote?0