What do you use for scrapping?
Ok I'm a long time Mac and Windows user but my current XBMC box is windows. There are a few external scrapers I use because it stores the data (.nfo and pics) in the folders themselves instead of just in XBMC's database and if anything happens, I never have to rescrape. Here's my dilemma, I'm thinking about getting a Mac mini today because my Windows PC is just too large and too loud and I prefer Mac's anyway. Once I do that, my only options as far as I know is to virtualize Windows just so I can run scraping software or use XBMC's built in scraper... Am I incorrect in this? What are you guys using to scrape your info?
Processor: 2x Quad Core Intel 2.8Ghz Xeon
Internal Storage: 2.4TB [4x 600GB Western Digital]
External Storage: Drobo 4.5TB
Memory: 14GB PC-6400 800mhz FB-ECC Ram
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Apple Remote
Usually I go into a bar and tell the first bloke I see that I shagged his wife. Normally gets a scrap going.
garyi Wrote:Usually I go into a bar and tell the first bloke I see that I shagged his wife. Normally gets a scrap going.

Always works for me too Wink

On a more serious note, i don't use external scrapers as they cause more problems than they fix more often than not.

Just export the library from xbmc - gives you the exact same thing.
I use my fists for scrapping...
mrt2 Wrote:Ok I'm a long time Mac and Windows user but my current XBMC box is windows. There are a few external scrapers I use because it stores the data (.nfo and pics) in the folders themselves instead of just in XBMC's database and if anything happens, I never have to rescrape. Here's my dilemma, I'm thinking about getting a Mac mini today because my Windows PC is just too large and too loud and I prefer Mac's anyway. Once I do that, my only options as far as I know is to virtualize Windows just so I can run scraping software or use XBMC's built in scraper... Am I incorrect in this? What are you guys using to scrape your info?

Yea I'm in a similar situation as you and I'm virtualizing Windows to run Media Companion. I think it's the best solution for now..
mrt2 Wrote:What are you guys using ...

My Movies XBMC internal & My Movies media manager. http://www.mymovies.dk Very accurate with good support for english & non-english titles.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do you use for scrapping?0