Russian video scapers, encoding issues
Hi,

I am having an issue with the two russian video scrapers: my russian movie filenames are encoded in UTF-8 and display correctly in XBMC. The scrapers, however, while finding the right movie, seem to download all the description in the CP-1251 encoding, which makes it unreadable in XBMC.

Is there a solution for this?

Many thanks in advance.

I am using the latest XBMC 9.11 under a minimal Ubuntu 9.10 install
proper scrapers. flag the returned xml with its encoding charset.
Thanks for coming back on that so quickly.

What do you mean by flag? Should I modify windows-1251 by UTF-8 in the first line below?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1251"?>
<scraper framework="1.1" date="2009-08-08" name="KinoPoisk" content="movies" thumb="KinoPoisk.gif" ServerContentEncoding="CP1251" language="ru">
Hi Spiff,
Can you please explain how to flag the returned xml with the proper encoding?

Also, shouldn't this be considered as a bug, given that AFAIK, UTF-8 is pretty much the default locale nowadays even on international language linux installs?

Many thanks in advance
by returned xml i mean the one returned from getdetails;
Code:
<RegExp input="$$5" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;"....

add an xml header like the one the scraper xml file has
Code:
<RegExp input="$$5" output="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;windows-1251&quot;?&gt;&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;"....
Many thanks, it fixed it. I think it should be there by default.

By the way, the KinoPoisk scraper from the SVN is broken, I used the one from this post which works well except for fan-art.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...isk&page=3
Ask the author to fix it and/or file a bug report.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Russian video scapers, encoding issues0