XBMC 9.11 sluggish
Hi,

I have a Core 2 Duo HP notebook with 3GB of RAM and a dedicated NVIDIA GPU.

it plays HD content smoothly with media player , media player classic.

it plays HD content (702p, 1080p) via flash player 10.1 streamed from youtube.

I installed the boxee beta and it plays everything wonderfully both in 720p and 1080p MKV's, CPU utilization is 15% at most parts.

then I wanted to try XBMC and was surprised to see that it took 5-7 seconds to launch, when I browse movies it feels sluggish, when I watch a movie, it plays it well if it is 720p or less..

when I open an 1080p MKV (I tried 5 different) CPU utilization is at 100%

even when 720p content is played, when I try to access the menus it feels so sluggish, like it is having problems dealing with both menus and video playback..

this is such a different experience than I had with boxee that it must be some configuration problem.

I am running windows 7, both boxee and XBMC installed the latest directx web installer, and I have the flash player 10.1 beta..which performs wonderfully.

I tried playing with XBMC configuration , disabling VSYNC, I tried full screen and full screen window... CPU utilization is still maxed out...

what else can I do ?

thanks!
how old of a machine? keep in mind that XBMC does not use any help from the gpu for video decoding, like MPC might. That's why your cpu usage is higher.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
1 year old , hp pavillion dv6870

Core 2 Duo and Geforce 8400GS
same here;

im an ~ 50% cpu load (q6600) on w2k8r2 (no comments about "why this os and so on, pls)

it works a bit better, putting the dispay sync to 60 hz , but on action-loaded 1080p-scenes it often comes to wrong AV-syncing (yeah, there is an option to fix that, but that has other probs, too).

any ideas how to fix? shouldnt it work with gpu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.11 sluggish0