Update to a newer version of XBMC
I want to use the new experience skin.
The advise was to use the xbmc-9.11 version, my current version is 9.04.1.
How do I update to the newer version without loosing all my settings?
Or is this impossible and I need to uninstall the old version and install the new one.

Ps. I used Media Portal for a while but this is great.
I can even let my parents use this Smile.

Thanks in advanced,
It depends a little. Do you know if you are using the default or the portable mode? If default, it should be relatively easy. Just uninstall the old one, and install the new one. All settings should transfer right over.
Thanks for your reply.

I installed it in portable mode.
Why make it myself easy Sad.

Hopefully you have a good idea to solve it in protable mode or have a good advise for me what to do.

Best regards
Just reinstall in portable mode over the top. It shouldn't touch your settings.

You may wish to backup the <yourdir>/userdata folder before you do so however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Where i could see which build is installed now? I have installed two times but now i cant find the file and didnt now the last buld i used.

thx
Background Wrote:Where i could see which build is installed now? I have installed two times but now i cant find the file and didnt now the last buld i used.

thx

Change the skin to PM3.HD, press S then click the "i" and the build info will be shown in yellow at the bottom of the screen.

The Confluence skin doesn't show the "i" on the Shutdown menu (which makes sense since it isn't obviously related to shutting down!). I don't know if the Confluence skin allows you to get to the System Info.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update to a newer version of XBMC0