VDPAU still not working ...but
Hi there i made a fresh install with Ubuntu Karmic and a fesh copy XBMC .. Everything is awsome ... Except using vdpau playback it's not watchable video out of sync (frame drops) . The first time i ran XBMC it played 1080p mkv and mpg flawlessly . Eversince i rebooted nothing works ! Also since the reboot i noticed that in Systeminfo my CPU Speed is at 1000mhz but it was showing 3000mhz when playback with vdpau was ok . So my question to you guys is that is it normal for Xbmc to show 1000mhz when is supposed to say 3000mhz is this why vdpau does not work properlyHuh

Here are my specs:

Asus M3N78-VM (Geforce 8200)
2 gig or rem
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (3ghz)
Linux Kernel 2.6.31.17-generic
Using FullHD at 50hz

paste bin: http://pastebin.com/m63c4dd21

Thanks and keep up the good work!!

decker_drill Wink
I forgot to say that in software video processing ... 720p video works perfect and with 1080p mkv's i drops lots of frame (arrond 500-600 for a 2h movie)

thanks
Which drivers did you install for your nvidia card?
ASRock ION 330, Lucid Lynx, XBMC Dharma (beta 2)
@jonassw
Hej, kan se at du også ejer en asrock ion 330 box Smile Hvordan køre HD film på din maskine? Jeg har installeret ubuntu 9.10 + xbmc 9.11 samt installeret nyeste Nvidia driver, men jeg har stadig problemer med at få vist HD film flydende :S ? nogen ideer til hvad der kan være galt?

@decker_drill
I also have problems playing 1080p movies :S i have installed ubuntu 9.10 + xbmc 9.11. I hope that somebody can help us :-P
When i was updating to nvidia 190.53 driver, vdpau stopped working.

What I later learned was that not uninstalling previous version of nvidia driver before made it go bananas somehow, so my solution was this:
Code:
sudo nvidia-installer --uninstall
then
Code:
sudo nvidia-installer --update
and
Code:
sudo reboot
This seems to work for me on my ASRock ION 330 HT.

Hope it helps!
I thought they disabled VDPAU temporarily.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
nvidia drivers 1.95 and i tried 1.90
I would tray a external player its easy to set up I have mplayer and it goes like this

As far as I can tell it doesnt seem to me like a driver issue but I could be wrong. Vdpau works a treat with any files that are not plagued by the pause ... buffering crap.

Mine is as follows

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="Mplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>/usr/bin/mplayer</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes=".*" filename=".*480p.*|.*720p.*|.*1080p.*" player="mplayer"/>
    <rule dvd="true" player="dvdplayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
I did this because of several reason one of similar to urs the other is that mplayer in Xbox plays files perfectly (non HD course) but same files and the odd other (no .rars or .isos btw) evry so often it pauses and starts buffering.

At first I was convinced that it was smb latency at fault but if that were so the xbox would have same problems.

I just installed mplayer though I havent had time to test what mods I done.

Im in Karmic and jaunty dual boot just xbmcbuntu and manual machine specific install. Hope this helps Smile
You are not alone, I have same issue with many different computers and XINE (not XBMC, but issue is same)

see here http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=142005
decker_drill Wrote:Hi there i made a fresh install with Ubuntu Karmic and a fesh copy XBMC .. Everything is awsome ... Except using vdpau playback it's not watchable video out of sync (frame drops) . The first time i ran XBMC it played 1080p mkv and mpg flawlessly . Eversince i rebooted nothing works ! Also since the reboot i noticed that in Systeminfo my CPU Speed is at 1000mhz but it was showing 3000mhz when playback with vdpau was ok . So my question to you guys is that is it normal for Xbmc to show 1000mhz when is supposed to say 3000mhz is this why vdpau does not work properlyHuh

Your cpu is being throttled, this will more than likely be the cause of it. When it throttles the cpu, it also reduces the bus speed for the memory the gpu uses.

You can either disable cpu throttling, or set it to about 1800.

Search the forums for more details.
I have not had this board in a while. Do you have AMD cool n' quiet enabled in the bios? Turn it off. Make sure your shared memory is set to 512

Secondly have you installed libvdpau-dev on your system with the 190 and 195 drivers you need it for xbmc 9.11

google karmic compiz or desktop effects and see if that is playing a role in your problem as well.

Regards,

Dave
I apologize if I am hijacking this thread. I am not sure if my problem is the same as the one that is discussed here. I would like to confirm. I am currently running Camelot 9.11 XBMC Live updated last week on a Acer Revo 1600. I have Mpeg 4 videos that I am trying to play but the video is lagging and the audio is completely off. I first thought that it was my wireless but then I ran the video off a usb stick and the video and audio problem still occurs. I tested the video on my laptop Windows 7 XBMC version and everything works fine.

My guess is the latest XBMC Live disk is having video problems. I have the latest Nvidia 190.53 version.

Your input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Have you guys tried.

Quote:sudo apt-get install libvdpau-dev

cheers
thanks,
I will try.
i tried sudo apt-get install libvdpau-dev but got a return stating that can't find package

I actually have VDPAU option in my settings and have ran certain h264 files fine. The only problem I have are the mpeg-4 files I record from TV. video is lagging and audio is out of sync.

If I have the current 190.53 nvidia drivers, does that mean that I don't have to install libvdpau-dev? I tried to install anyways but get a return stating that it can't find package.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU still not working ...but0