XBMC for Mac really unstable or just me?
I seem to really only have issues with XBMC if I have uTorrent (0.9.2) running at the same time.

XBMC Mac Intel XBMC 9.11: Camelot
uTorrent 0.9.2

Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540)
Mac Mini 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB Ram
9400M 256 MB shared Ram

The behavior seem to be the navigation sounds do not work on start up, animations and navigation work, scanning for new media locks up and does not finish and attempting to play any media locks it up making me force quit the application. This seems to only happen the first time, on a reboot of just the application, XBMC behavior returns to normal.

Another odd thing I noticed, if you minimize XBMC while in a window by double clicking on the top bar, the CPU behaves normally. When you minimize the XBMC window by clicking on the keyboard shortcut Command-M, the CPU usage shoots way up. (50% +) with no media playing. :/ Weird.
- Blackstar
Thx for linking to that guide jmarshal. I did create a ticket (Ticket #8561) - hopefully I did everything correct and the issue can be resolved Smile
removed.
sking1001 Wrote:blackforce or RckStr, with the unstable crashes, are you seeing the screen flicker very badly in the UI, but not during video playback?

I am going to try one of the nightly builds tonight, but I am running 10.5.8.

I wonder if this is anyway related to the problems I posted here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67715

Please stop thread-jacking and bumping your own thread.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Im lead to believe my issues are related to me symlinking to the userdata dir. I realized i only have the issues with my minis that uses symlinked userdatas and not my Imac where the actual userdata is stored. I understand that while this works with plex, its not a setup I believe neither team supports so I guess I jumped the gun with my previous posts. Im very sorry for the confusion it may have caused. Aside from this issue, wich is resolved easily by stopping and later resuming the movie instead of pausing, the latest XBMC is rock solid to me.
I also have a lot of freezes. In my case I think it's due to the setting "Put the hard disks to sleep when possible" for my external HDDs. XBMC seems to crash when the SMB shares need to be "awaken". I've been meaning to get debug and crash info, I'll try to post that when I get a chance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Mac really unstable or just me?0